iPhone X Photo Samples - CNET Article

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndyDiamond, Nov 3, 2017.

1. AndyDiamond macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

For those wanting to get a look at some decent photographic examples from the iPhone X, check out this CNET article that was published today.
    Some very nice shots here in the content of photo journalism - no cats, flower close-ups or selfies.
    Gritty subject matter (CA wildfire aftermath).
    Very nicely done.
    Photos are by senior CNET photographer James Martin which goes to prove it is not about the price of the camera you have but how you use it and in this case the results are excellent.

Read it here

2. Blublub macrumors newbie

Wow, the bokeh on that sprouting leaves shot is pretty awful. Looks like a third-grader with a Photoshop blur filter...

3. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I thought the pictures were outstanding. I have no clue what blulub or whatever is talking about. fantastic article and pictures

4. AndyDiamond thread starter macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

I guess you can’t post something positive without negative trolling - ah the interwebs.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    To be fair, you can actually achieve a shot like this without portrait mode and its faux bokeh by focusing on the subject in the foreground (which looks more natural of course).

5. tifa_mo macrumors regular

tifa_mo

the photos are edited quite a lot though. Sharpness is raised to almost 100% more, definitely adjusted contrast and saturation too.

These are very nicely done photos, I would just like to see some original ones :)

6. AndyDiamond thread starter macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

True but it’s an article for a major outlet - photos should be optimized for the final result.