iPhone X Plus-only flagship model?

Would you buy an X Plus just to get the flagship model?

• Total voters

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
It seems logical that Apple will come out with a larger size phone next year that is physically the same size as today’s Plus models but with smaller bezels.

In the past Apple has made the Plus model the true flagship by only having dual cameras in the Plus model.

I’ve lived with the Plus size since they came out as I wanted a larger screen. Now that the X is out, I can get basically the same screen in a smaller form factor. I do NOT want to have to go back to the huge size of the current Plus models, only to get the best iPhone possible. (I’m certain I sound just like the people for whom the 4.7” screen was the perfect size for them!)

Let’s hope Apple rights the wrong done starting with the 6 Plus which had better cameras than the 6, and that they don’t continue that trend with the inevitable X Plus.

Your thoughts?

Adelphos33

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
It seems logical that Apple will come out with a larger size phone next year that is physically the same size as today’s Plus models but with smaller bezels.

In the past Apple has made the Plus model the true flagship by only having dual cameras in the Plus model.

I’ve lived with the Plus size since they came out as I wanted a larger screen. Now that the X is out, I can get basically the same screen in a smaller form factor. I do NOT want to have to go back to the huge size of the current Plus models, only to get the best iPhone possible. (I’m certain I sound just like the people for whom the 4.7” screen was the perfect size for them!)

Let’s hope Apple rights the wrong done starting with the 6 Plus which had better cameras than the 6, and that they don’t continue that trend with the inevitable X Plus.

Your thoughts?
There are no flagship models. Buy the iPhone model and configuration that suits your needs.

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
There are no flagship models.
Sure there are, regardless if Apple proclaims it or not. ..as defined in the Oxford dictionary:
Flagship: noun. The best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization.
Buy the iPhone model and configuration that suits your needs.
Totally agree! THen again, no one NEEDS an iPhone, but it fulfills a want, and for some, one of the wants is to have the best! LOL