iPhone X Plus... opinions welcome

Do you really think a “Plus” version of iPhone X will ever be made?

• Yes, next year.

Votes: 64 64.0%
  • Probably, but not necessarily next year.

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Nope, this will be a “one size fits all” device.

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters

CiccioAtSea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Principality of Monaco
I keep reading about people saying that they will skip iPhone X and wait next year for the X Plus model... like it is a fact that it will be made.

What do you guys think? I feel like it is not going to happen and IPhone X will keep existing in just one size.

Fredo C

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
The prospect of there being a Plus next year is why I will most likely return the X and soldier on for another year with my 6 Plus.

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I keep reading about people saying that they will skip iPhone X and wait next year for the X Plus model... like it is a fact that it will be made.

What do you guys think? I feel like it is not going to happen and IPhone X will keep existing in just one size.
Look at all the rumors that didn't pan out this year and remember nothing is official until Apple says so. Use your best judgement.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
I saw the rumored size of the plus somewhere and it was huge. There is no way I want a phone that big

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Yes, of course. Next year as it has been reported.
I hear ya, but again reported by who? Lots of people are waiting for the plus size next year assuming there will be one. I too would like to see a plus sized version, but until Apple announces it I don't put much stock into the rumors and wouldn't make my decision based on a speculated product.

Reactions: AdonisSMU

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I hear ya, but again reported by who? Lots of people are waiting for the plus size next year assuming there will be one. I too would like to see a plus sized version, but until Apple announces it I don't put much stock into the rumors and wouldn't make my decision based on a speculated product.
I don't know why people are making up products out of thin air.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
By the same people that reported a 5.8 inch screen this year. I remember seeing 5.8 and 6.4 next year. That's fine, I guess wait and see but you really don't think Apple would make a Plus version?

DevinNj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
By the same people that reported a 5.8 inch screen this year. I remember seeing 5.8 and 6.4 next year. That's fine, I guess wait and see but you really don't think Apple would make a Plus version?
No sir I didn't say that. I'd love to see a Plus version, and I'm sure we will one day. But it may just take time and may not be this year. Look at this year's rumors that never happened, i.e: touch id in screen, touch id on the back, a new gold color, etc. What I'm saying is don't make a choice based on a product that doesn't yet exist.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
No sir I didn't say that. I'd love to see a Plus version, and I'm sure we will one day. But it may just take time and may not be this year. Look at this year's rumors that never happened, i.e: touch id in screen, touch id on the back, a new gold color, etc. What I'm saying is don't make a choice based on a product that doesn't yet exist.
Well of course not, there isn't a choice to make haha. There will be a Plus version next year though for those that want it.

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

Ya, they take 2 years to develope phones. So they been already working on it. Rumor was the x and x+ were suppose to come out this year.

AceFernalld

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Undoubtedly, IMO. I suspect they're not making it this year because of OLED constraints (and to get more upgraders next year). There is clearly a market for it. I am part of that market.

Looking at my current Plus dreaming about how nice a bezel-less version would be.

eoblaed

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2010

Keep in mind, the opinions of readers of this forum have exactly zero bearing on what is going to happen. We could all think an 'X Plus' will come out in 2018, but whether or not it does is a crap shoot.

I'm getting my X day after tomorrow. If there's a 'X Plus' next year, I'll trade in my X and get that, otherwise I'll trade in my X and get whatever the new one is. :)

Keep in mind, this is what the iUP was designed for. Not really a strong reason to hold off for an entire year hoping the next year's model will be 'better'.

Pro Tip: Next year's model will always be better.

Don't follow the logic of "well, next year will be better, so I'll wait until then" otherwise you'd never upgrade and you'll unnecessarily be keeping yourself in old tech when you could be enjoying new tech much more frequently.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiccioAtSea

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
People think this stuff is magical, and it is to some extent but someone has to spend hours and hours a day of their life making this stuff work.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
It’s possible and probable. We won’t know for about another year.

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn't see it until 2019.

Zaft

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY

There is a 99% chance Apple releases a Plus version. I would bet a lot of money on it.

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
We'll absolutely see a larger X-style device that has physical dimensions similar to current plus phones; it's only a matter of time. I'd guess in 2 years, though wouldn't be surprised if we see it next year. I'd imagine they want to release this next year, but I don't know if they can make it happen or not.

I'm hoping to also see a smaller X-style phone, but I'm afraid the current SE is going to be it for the small phone for a few more years.

Bagaholic

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Hopefully same dimensions as the current Plus. Any bigger and we'd look like holding a frying pan over our faces.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney
There will be next year
You must have spent an absolute fortune in the past year on Apple products based on your signature. Wow...

As for the topic, you’d have to think they will if there’s demand for it or competition like it. Being a Plus user for the last few years I’d be keen to see it, but I wouldn’t say it’s a slam dunk for next years release though it of course could be.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
You must have spent an absolute fortune in the past year on Apple products based on your signature. Wow...

As for the topic, you’d have to think they will if there’s demand for it or competition like it. Being a Plus user for the last few years I’d be keen to see it, but I wouldn’t say it’s a slam dunk for next years release though it of course could be.
Yeah too much

It’s an obsession