iPhone X iPhone X Plus schematics leak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Candlelight, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Candlelight macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

2. JPack macrumors 68030

JPack

It's in line with what everyone's been expecting. The position of the SIM slot confirms Ming-Chi Kuo's prediction the 6.5" would use a stacked logic board and L-shaped battery, while the 6.1" uses a traditional layout. Although the SIM slot on the 6.1" is so far down, I wonder if they're leaving room for a second tray.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...-triple-camera-new-iphone-x-price-specs-cost/
    Update June 12th: Ghostek has confirmed again to me today it expects three cameras on the back on the iPhone X Plus. Another of my trusted sources disputes this saying the two cameras and flash arrangement will continue, so best treat this with caution. Both sources to agree on the authenticity of the schematics, however, the disagreement is purely about their interpretation.

3. chabig macrumors 601

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would say the schematics really don’t indicate anything that we already don’t know about the latest iPhones to launch in 2018. Everything is fairly certain at this point we will likely see a 6.1/5.8/6.5 iPhone X. The 6.1 LCD iPhone being the biggest unknown, but is almost a guarantee to Apple diversify their lineup with the cheaper offering incorporating Face ID. The 6.5 iPhone is almost guaranteed, which will be Apples largest and most expensive iPhone model.

5. Ralfi macrumors 68000

Ralfi

I'm not in the market for the 6.5" but it looks to be some kind of smart phone. Who knows, if it's small enough (compared to the Plus models), I may be swayed? (2019, not this year).

6. Ralfi macrumors 68000

Ralfi

If true, the same sized notch means more Status Bar info for those who miss the Battery % etc.

7. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

I’ll never understand why Apple didn’t put the battery percentage in the middle of the battery. Seems it would be the best option to me.

8. Ralfi macrumors 68000

Ralfi

Still think they should've put two rows of icons on both sides of the notch. They could've fitted two more icons on each side, without it looking too cluttered.

9. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

Yeah I agree I had my X jailbroken on iOS 11.1.2 and had the battery % added to the battery and it looked great and was very useful

10. Zagor13 macrumors member

Wow another ugly brick size phone back to the 80s haha incredible what people would not mind carrying just because it is being dished out to them. Phones are supposed to be small and easy to hold and take little space in pocket. I see people now half of their head is covered by huge phones and the ridiculous look when they place it in pants looks like book or thin brick ... its easy to make it huge Apple show us good small phones

11. Ralfi macrumors 68000

Ralfi

Appreciate a subjective world, is all I gotto say to you.

I don't find the 6.5" practical either, but I can see why many are eager to get it in their hands.

It'll be the most efficient use of an extra large screen ever in an iPhone & i'm looking forward to the many reviews later this year.

For me though, the 6.1" is the largest i'd go....if only it wasn't a trimmed down version of iPhone...

12. Zagor13 macrumors member

I can see the point of large screen ( I would not mind) but only if the actual device was very small and maybe somehow unfolds (when need to use large screen) etc but carrying a huge brick is very annoying and looks ugly really..I remember when I first tried Samsung Note 2 (also wanted larger screen for reading which was a mistake) people were saying what is that huge brick you have and now that companies are pushing and capying each other with same bull large brick size phones people simply accept it with the excuse being oh yeah larger screen for netflix so ruining eyesight and carrying a brick not good

13. Macalway, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018

Macalway macrumors 68020

Yes and no. People like myself hate the large size but need it on the road for Internet stuff.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don’t generally believe that phones are supposed to be ‘small’. As a matter fact, it’s direct apposite in today’s tech world where consumers seemingly larger displays, which also incorporates more room for larger batteries, camera improvements etc. Look at the market where smart phones generally are not attracting those to the 4 inch display anymore, most cell phone displays are a minimum of 5 inches or larger.

Not even close, look how far technology has advanced where you can hold a smart phone in your hand that’s four times smaller than some of the phones that were on the market 10+ years ago, that are more powerful than a computer was 10 years ago, Thin and relatively even lightweight compared to your “80s quote”. Cell phone technology has matured immensely in such a small form factor when you compare smart phones today to all those years back.