iPhone X Iphone X portrait mode not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ernestastoc, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Ernestastoc macrumors newbie

Ernestastoc

Hello, I realy hope that someone can help me. The problem is that portrait mode not working in any conditions, it is impossible to get depth effect, the effect appearing just for one second and gone, and i get message move further away. For this moment I find only two solutions, to reset all settings or restore the phone, but this problem appeared again after 1 or 2 days, It is really anoying. Anybody know who can affect this problem? Because its seems that is not hardware problem, because after reset I can take portrait picture without no problems.. I try 11.2 11.2.1 and 11.2.2 the problem is the same...

2. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

Are you using a screen protector, that covers the sensors? Because with my old screen protector, it would cover the X's sensors, and over time dust will collect in it, and make the camera blurry, not allowing for portrait mode to work.

3. Ernestastoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Ernestastoc

I am not using any protection glasses or cases.. the problem is with not selfie camera but secondary on the phones back.. After reset working for 1-2 days without problems, and then start again.. It is impossible to triger the efect ..

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

When you say reset do you mean an actual reset or just a power cycle?

5. Ernestastoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Ernestastoc

Setings -> general-> reset -> reset all setings . It is realy anoying to setting up your phone like a new one... all faced id operations , keybord , language and etc...

6. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

Are you sure you are a proper distance from the subject for it to work? Are you trying it out in different lighting conditions and with different subjects that are far enough away? It's not a feature that tends to work well in low light unless you are using flash/studio lighting. If so, and it is still failing so frequently, I'd take it to an Apple Store or contact Apple about a replacement. Mine fails on occasion (especially when using the beta studio lighting feature), but I'd say it works well most of the time.

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

That is insane - I would try the things sean000 suggest (if you haven't already) and if that doesn't work you should make a genius bar appointment or contact apple about a replacement. That isn't normal.

8. SZm macrumors newbie

SZm

--- Post Merged, Feb 2, 2018 ---
    I have exactly the same issue. Reset fixes the problem for 2 days, then it goes into error mode again. I also do not know what to do to resolve it. Apple support is not a great help, they only suggest solutions around resetting. Let me know how you are trying to solve it, might have to hand in my phone.

9. Ernestastoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Ernestastoc

I send our phone to apple service, and they are changed to a new one, they can't solve this problem just for a short time

10. jschmidw macrumors newbie

Hello, i have the same issue. After talking to Apple Support, i did several backup-reset-restore operations (with Itunes and with ICloud). None of them worked. A complete reset did work for a day. Then i did an icloud restore again, and resetted all settings. Then it worked for 2 days. There seems to be something broken with the hardware. Did anyone resolve this problems without changing the hardware?

@Ernestastoc - did the hardware change fix your problems?

Jan

11. Michele19680117 macrumors newbie

Hi everybody, i have tha same problem, i have changed the phone, after 6 days the problem returns.......anyone solved???

12. jschmidw macrumors newbie

Hello, update from me: Apple exchanged my IPhone, but the Problem is still there. This must be a Software issue. Resetting the new Phone works for a few days. But the Change of the Hardware made no difference.

Jan

13. Michele19680117 macrumors newbie

Anyone solved?? With 11.4.1 works?? I didn't prove yet....

14. jschmidw macrumors newbie

No, it still does not work. My Hardware was exchanged, and i installed the new update. The problem is still there...

15. Selloves macrumors newbie

Selloves

is yours okay now? I’m having this issue right now
    --- Post Merged, Sep 5, 2018 ---
    I have the same problem can somebody help me???

16. kewne macrumors newbie

May i ask? You guys who have problems with portrait mode. Do you happen to use magnet stand or some sort at the back of the phone?

17. harolddlcruz macrumors newbie

harolddlcruz

Yesssssss. as soon as i saw your comment, i removed a cover i had on my phone which worked with magnets, and it started working right away.
    Looks like that was the problem. At least for me, Thanks!

why could that be tho?

18. Bladery macrumors 6502

I have the same problem with my iPhone X

I already got a replacement but it’s still the same problem... newest iOS

19. Maji macrumors newbie

Maji

--- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2019 ---
    Your camaralance problam cheinge camera

20. Bladery macrumors 6502

As I posted before, I had the same problem.
    But then I tried something just for fun and suddenly it started working.
    I just pinched for zoom while in portrait mode and for some reason it works since then!

Can anyone try this out?

21. Skpscch macrumors newbie

Skpscch

Oh my god. This. So much this. Thank you! Why is that an issue???

22. Stella_G macrumors newbie

Stella_G

Omg! I was using a magnetic case! Soon as I saw your comment I removed the metal case then it worked! Thank you!