Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

david_williams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
Thinking of buying this for my iPhone X.
https://goo.gl/9Zp3TS

Apples 29W power adapter to fast charge iPhone X has output of 14.5V 2.0A and 5.2V 2.4A.
The power bank in the link can output 5.0V 3.0A, 9.0V 2.0A and 12.0V, 1.5A.

Is it safe to use this powerbank? The phone should only draw required amperage when charging right?

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
iPhone (X/8/8+) need USB-C PD to fast charge. I don't know that this device will work as it used IQ. For a little but more you can get this one and it DOES support USB-C PD and it includes a 30w USB-C PD wall charger. the battery only does 22.5w over USB-C but should still be faster than your standard Apple iPad charger.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Portable-Delivery/dp/B071WNWRNC

looking at the specs, the one you linked charges off the USB-A port not the USB-C port

Last edited:

david_williams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
iPhone (X/8/8+) need USB-C PD to fast charge. I don't know that this device will work as it used IQ. For a little but more you can get this one and it DOES support USB-C PD and it includes a 30w USB-C PD wall charger. the battery only does 22.5w over USB-C but should still be faster than your standard Apple iPad charger.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Portable-Delivery/dp/B071WNWRNC

I probably don't need the fastest charger. Would the powerbank in my post still deliver upto 18W and charge faster than the 5W adapter that came with the phone?

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I probably don't need the fastest charger. Would the powerbank in my post still deliver upto 18W and charge faster than the 5W adapter that came with the phone?

yeah it should... I don't know if you can take full advantage of the 18w, but it should at least match the 12w of the iPad charger.

david_williams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
yeah it should... I don't know if you can take full advantage of the 18w, but it should at least match the 12w of the iPad charger.

I guess I'll order it and try it out. I'll be happy as long as it charges faster than the standard adapter that comes in the box. 3 hour charge is just too long.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I guess I'll order it and try it out. I'll be happy as long as it charges faster than the standard adapter that comes in the box. 3 hour charge is just too long.

How do you plan to charge the battery? I believe you have to supply your own charger. If you use the iPhone's 5w charger it will take about 10-12 hours to charge the 10000mAh battery... I think... My math may be wrong.

david_williams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
How do you plan to charge the battery? I believe you have to supply your own charger. If you use the iPhone's 5w charger it will take about 10-12 hours to charge the 10000mAh battery... I think... My math may be wrong.

I have a few adapters that came with my previous Samsung phones. One from Note 5 and the other from Galaxy s6. 5.0V 2.0A output I think

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.