iPhone X iPhone X pre owned market?

YoitsTmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
Well my SE has seen things and it's time to upgrade. Apple didn't really release something for my budget. Ironically iprobably wouldn't cry at $700 but $750 for what you get is steep.

I am looking for a 64GB phone to replace it.

I was wondering what you guys thought the iPhone X will hit on the used market? I don't think we'll get stuck at $700 like it is right now, as the better specced XR would be new and better specced for only $50 more. I can wait until Black Friday but I'm still weary. What would you guys do? Do you think iPhone X would hit $600 soon? The smaller size screen really appeals to me. I don't want an iPhone 8 because I think once Apple understands what it wants to do with face I'd and the screen sinews it'll be the new standard, I wouldn't want to miss out. This phone is for the long haul

HarryWild

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2012
In time the X will go down in prices yes but you have probably wait till after the holidays to get it to $600 in good shape. I try buying a mint shape X with either some warranty left and/or better yet Applecare+ for $700-$750! Silver color has a premium over Space Grey from $75 to $125!

pducharme

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
In time the X will go down in prices yes but you have probably wait till after the holidays to get it to $600 in good shape. I try buying a mint shape X with either some warranty left and/or better yet Applecare+ for $700-$750! Silver color has a premium over Space Grey from $75 to $125!
I sold my iPhone X 256GB Silver (unlocked) for 1000$CAN on saturday. This is around 767.90$ USD. I don't know if it's a good price, but i was OK with it. The "mental barrier" of 1000$ was good for me.

The phone was bought on launch week about 10 months ago, but was provided to me by a client that asked me 1000$CAN for it, so in short, I just got my money back after almost a year of use!

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I was offered £500 for my X and declined. I'm going to keep it for a few more years but will be buying an XR to replace the 8 I've just sold.

YoitsTmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
Thanks for the info, didn't know about the pr. I think my SE can hold out that long. I may be in a better buying position too, who knows.

I'll sell you a 256 gig one in perfect shape for a good deal. will keep me from having to list it on swappa lol
I don't know how to private message on here. I am in the market for 64GB and there is certainly a premium for 256GB that I wouldn't be able to match, it's your call though. I'm in the market and if we got to a price I'd buy. If there's no PM service, you can shoot me a message through here.
[doublepost=1537195030][/doublepost]Do you think carriers will be dumping iPhone X at a discount? Or just a standard $100? Typically iPhones get bumped down but I know Apple won't even sell it and usually carriers have to mirror.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.