iPhone X - preparing for dispatch

Ste84

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Evening all

Anyone else’s iPhone X order changed to preparing to dispatch? Mine has but surly it’s a tad early to be getting it ready for sending out on Thursday for Friday delivery

Ordered at 8:03 UK time - email confirmation at 8:04

Last edited:

psynnott

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2012
This is normal. Happened with my 8 plus but it arrived on the release day.

Ste84

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
This is normal. Happened with my 8 plus but it arrived on the release day.
Cool - I’m not expecting it early. Just wondering if anyone’s had done the same, as it seems a tad early to change to this.

psynnott

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2012
Cool - I’m not expecting it early. Just wondering if anyone’s had done the same, as it seems a tad early to change to this.
It's technically correct as it's being boxed and your postage label applied to it. Then it'll sit in the warehouse for a few days before being put on the van.

Jimpilot

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
No
Mines still order in progress. For those of you who got the 8 delivered, did they give you a tracking number soon enough to follow it from China?

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Mines still order in progress. For those of you who got the 8 delivered, did they give you a tracking number soon enough to follow it from China?
They should. I'll need one in order to set up pickup at the local UPS hub.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
Happened last year with my 7 Plus. Tracked it from China to Alaska, to somewhere in the middle of the country and finally to my home state.

I would imagine the first iPhone X's would be coming from somewhere in states already but I could very well be wrong.

Reactions: Ste84

psynnott

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2012
The first batch of 8 plus phones in the UK came from a location in the country

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
I guess in some places it's FEDEX and others UPS. Not sure which mine will be.
My last few years of iPhones have been UPS (I'm in MD). Picking up at the local UPS hub is such a hassle-saver. I love not having to sit around all day waiting for Buster Brown to get there.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Evening all

Anyone else’s iPhone X order changed to preparing to dispatch? Mine has but surly it’s a tad early to be getting it ready for sending out on Thursday for Friday delivery

The only relevant information that is important is "arrived at destination."

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Ravanneli

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
Evening all

Got mine in England, app didnt work till 8:06 but was able to order through the web browser on PC at 8:02... first time app failed when pre ordering, normally is the quickest way... in time for Nov 3rd delivery... as well now its preparing to dispach for that day on order status...

Reactions: Ste84