IPhone X Purchase Logic

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Not sure if it’s just me, but by reading iPhone X posts lately, I can tell who has pre-ordered and who hasn’t. When the phone first got announced and considering I have bought every iPhone (apart from 8) on release day, I decided that I wasn’t going to buy it as it was too expensive, and as I’m the ‘Apple boy’ at work, I had to explain why I wasn’t buying it.... I was so negative pulling all the bad thinks about the X, then when I decided that I was gonna pre-order it, I started reversing all the things I had said and telling everyone it’s the best phone ever..... So what I’m trying to say is that everyone who has pre-ordered it will post positive things on here, and anyone who has decided not to pre-order will probably jump on everything bad that’s said about it to make themselves feel better about not having it on release day. There hasn’t been a phone come along for a while that I’ve looked forward to this much.... Roll on Friday

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
You are right... Human nature dictates that people will react negitively to others who have something better than they do or something they want but are barred from having for one reason or another.

Even just newer, which would be perceived to be better, when in fact that may not be the case, people will react with negativity and try to justify why they chose their path by pointing out perceived flaws even if those flaws do not exist.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
So what I’m trying to say is that everyone who has pre-ordered it will post positive things on here, and anyone who has decided not to pre-order will probably jump on everything bad that’s said about it to make themselves feel better about not having it on release day. There hasn’t been a phone come along for a while that I’ve looked forward to this much.... Roll on Friday
No, not everybody. Sorry. I have a 256 X coming on Friday. Excited, but not super excited. The fact the phone costs as much as it does put a damper on that and also makes me that much more less forgiving of it's flaws and omissions.

I bought it because I wanted a bigger screen in a 4.7" footprint and also optical zoom camera. But right off the bat Apple crippled it doing the Intel/Qualcomm modem split. Part of me regrets not waiting for the SIM free or trying to snag a VZW model in-store after launch. I'm holding my breath on my TMob's versions performance. It also doesn't have the band needed to support TMob's new 600 Mhz band. I mean X is suppose to be THE king of smartphones -- certainly priced that way. Yet it's a bit gimped.

I'm also not thrilled with the glass back or the repair cost if (when) that cracks. Sure there is Applecare+ but that is still $199 plus $99... so $298 to repair. Ouch. I could go on. On whole I expect it to be a fantastic phone but I'm not so deluded to think it will be the most perfect phone ever. Judging from comments here from other buyers I'm not alone. Apple has work to do.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
You guys remember a study they did where they determined that the same areas of the brain that light up for religious people at worship are the same areas that lights up for Apple fans during launch days?
Big $$$ makes people crazy. Apple has a way of making people squeal.