Iphone X QC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Puddled, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Puddled macrumors 6502a

Puddled

Seems to be a fair few QC posts about the IPhone X. More so than for the 8?

Is the QC worse on the X, or is this something to do with the heavy media hyping and price tag causing users to be extra vigilant in the build and quality of the X?

Or are we seeing normal release day teathing issues

2. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

More people bought it. It's a new product. There will be a lot of scrutiny because of these issues.

I personally don't early adopt any more but I'd assume more people are happy with the X than not.

3. Puddled thread starter macrumors 6502a

Puddled

I think you are right.

I don't buy on release day either. I've been burned on that before!

Plus androids get discounted after a few months $$$

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

No hyper-vigilance here... hard to not notice the screen not responding to touch gestures the minute the phone is turned on.

Apple is just betting on the fact that more people with initial quality issues are going to be willing to put up with them and/or wait for a replacement due to this being the biggest iPhone since inception. They’re probably right. That doesn’t change the mutual observation that QC seems to be “less” on the X than previous iPhones (and/or the 8)

5. KrisLord macrumors 68000

People only ever post about problems, so I don’t think the sample size is enough to say much.

Having said that, the 8 is an evolutionary design so probably has less defects than the X.

My X was perfect, the case had an imperfection and was swapped by Apple.