iPhone X running hot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gigapocket1, Nov 6, 2017.

1. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

anybody else X runs hot when it’s on the charger? I know most of you all have a case.. but my girlfriend noticed it when she picked it up a few days ago before i had a case on it.. ending up getting her one and gave her my x. Currently on a plane and put it on the charger. Within 5 minutes. It was pretty hot on the back. As well as lagging insanely. Even the flash was disabled until the phone cooled down

2. kyle0483 macrumors newbie

Mine got extremely hot while charging wirelessly and then wouldn’t even charge at all unless a cable was plugged in. Went to use it after the hot wireless charging and it turned off and tried to reboot several times but no luck. I’m sending back to Apple and they are giving a replacement.

3. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Which wireless charger are you using?

4. gigapocket1 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmmmm. Interesting

5. kyle0483 macrumors newbie

It’s a turbot 3 coil qi wireless charger I picked up from Amazon. I had a mophie wireless compatible case on my 7 Plus and never had an issue. Not sure what’s going on with the X.

6. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

Runs hot the first day, restoring, downloading , caching, after that it's normal

7. kyle0483 macrumors newbie

I’ve read about that and understand. The heat may not have been what caused mine to die but the thing is that it stayed on the charger for 2 hours and didn’t go up or down at all on battery percentage, got hot and then died on me. Not sure what it was and could be just a defective unit.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    And also this was yesterday the 5th and I got it the 3rd and was using extensively for 2 full days with no issue.

8. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

I'd say it's a battery issue if the percentage never went up or down while one the charger. Return it and get it replaced.

9. mark-in-mk macrumors 6502

mark-in-mk

Mine ran hot for about 36 hours from unboxing, then it was fine. I have a feeling it whilst while there was high processor load while it indexed my photos, email etc.

Its been normal since.