iPhone X iPhone X same day screen replacement in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMas70, Oct 8, 2018.

1. iMas70 macrumors 65816

The one time I have the case off my phone it slips onto the ground and ends up with a cracked screen. I planned to buy Apple Care but I missed it by a couple of days. Yeah, that's how my luck is sometimes. Makes up for the good things that happen. Anyway, I'm reading that some Apple Stores can take care of the screen replacement the same day. I'm not seeing any listing to tell us which one. Do I have to call or is there something online that I've missing?

I'm also weighing $300 for a screen replacement (ouch but my fault) or buy a new iPhone XS.

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Make an appointment online that way even if they don’t have a screen in-store they can order one for you..

3. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

Screen replacement at the most takes 3 hours, usually it’s 45mins-3hours. If you get the xs and trade in your x with a broken screen the most you get is like 150 opposed to the 5-600

4. Waterman316 macrumors 6502

When my dad has his 6s plus screen replaced it only took them an hour in store. Make sure you make a appointment though.

5. xrussx macrumors member

I dropped my X and they replaced it on the same day of the appointment. It was out of pocket for me too. Wait was 2 hours. I left and came back.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It varies with each store. Appointment is needed for sure.

7. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816

I’m a little torn with this. I need to put the phone in a Beastgrip to do video at least once per week. It’s in the mount fairly tight but things like this can happen. I can either spend the $300 for a new screen and possibly have it happen again or $1200 for a new phone and get Applecare to make sure it’s covered for two years. The X would be dedicated to video duty. I’ll make sure it won’t slide out. And if it happens again, it will just be another crack. Won’t be my daily driver. I really don’t want to spend the money either way but I’d like to feel that I’m getting something new if I do.