iPhone X IPhone X Scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yasserzaid, Oct 10, 2018.

1. yasserzaid macrumors newbie

Dears,
    I want to know how can i protect my iphone X from scratches and also remove scratches from my iphone silver and if i use metal polish will that affect my iphone

Thank you for your help

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Metal polish or Cape Cod cloths will do a great job on the stainless steel. Obviously don't dump a lot of metal polish on the phone and keep it out of the connector, speaker holes etc.

3. Oreon macrumors regular

Oreon

Assume your on about lite surface scratches that you cannot feel when you run your nail over them...Cape cod polishing cloth, just wipe it over a few times for a minute then buff off with a micro fibre cloth, comes up like new!

Used it on my 5 day old Xs max last week when it fell off my chair and onto the steel back, now it’s new again!

4. yasserzaid thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you , but if i use polish many time will that affect iphone's metal ?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2018 ---
    Dear,
    Thank you but can this affect my Iphone if i used many times

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

No you aren't going to wear down the metal or cause any issues.

6. yasserzaid thread starter macrumors newbie

I think using polish affect every surface that haves a polish finish. and also it can enter inside the button and can cause sensitivity loss with the usage over time right ?

7. Oreon macrumors regular

Oreon

The cloths are pre-treated with hardly any residue after using, you just buff using a micro fibre cloth to bring out the “shininess”!

8. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

You could never apply enough pressure by hand to remove material that could actually be measured. If you use a polishing wheel then you have reason to be concerned..

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Aside from the other advice in this thread, make sure you clean your case once in a while, cases tend to trap debris, and then Any rubbing can cause scratches to the stainless bands.

10. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

By the way, is the finish on the iPhone different after being polished? I don't know if I'm going nuts but the polished iPhone's finish seems just a tad different than the unpolished (brand new) in terms of how light reflects on it.

11. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

How to protect it? Be more careful with your device or get a case.

12. Superman041 macrumors 6502

i have a silver iPhone X, bought it in December last year.

It has a lot of scratches on the silver outer frame. How can this happen? O have an incipio dual case which has the rubber case and then a secondary former case around it?

Is there anyway of removing these scratches? They are not incredibly deep, as in you’ll feel it when you run a nail over it.

Do apple remove these in store?

13. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

14. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Your case mainly protects your phone from drops. If you do not remove the case every once awhile to clean out the little stuff that gets in between the case your band will get scratched.

15. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The cloth mentioned above will remove the scratches. As for how your iPhone scratched even with a case, Debris can get trapped inside, thus results in rubbing against the surgical stainless bands. The Stainless is a rather soft metal and doesn’t take much to scratch it.

16. yasserzaid thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok Thank you
    Is there any recommended case to protect IPhone X
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2018 ---
    So is that mean this will not affect iphone

17. Ifti macrumors 68020

Ifti

I always kept my phone in a slim case that covered all sides (Spigen clear case I believe) - not one that leaves the top and bottom edges of the handset naked. Once every so often I would remove the handset from the case and use a microfiber cloth to wipe it all down, and clean the inside of the case from any lint etc that may have worked its way in.
    I used no screen protector etc - never have done - I feel these take a little away from the screen experience (just my thoughts).

I sold my iPhone X 2 days ago in perfect condition. Not a single mark on the front, back, or even the polished edges. The buyer was surprised it was a year old, and I got more for the handset then the going rate.

Use a case. Remove and clean every so often. Nothing else required.