Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
After using for a few days, noticed that it sure seems to get really dusty (as opposed to just finger smears), compared to my 7+. Almost like the screen has a static charge or something...

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
Unless your leaving your phone in the attic, it shouldn't get dusty.... If you are using it constantly, dust cant accumulate. If you keep it in your pocket, check them, they might just have a lot of dust and junk in them. Haven't experienced this myself.

Reactions: KONVICTED

orev

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Do you have any screen protector on it? My tempered glass protector accumulates dust easily around the edges.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
After using for a few days, noticed that it sure seems to get really dusty (as opposed to just finger smears), compared to my 7+. Almost like the screen has a static charge or something...

I have never seen a thread where someone states their iPhone display collects dust. If that's the case, use a microfiber cloth.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Treasure Coast, Florida
I think the speakers at the bottom, charging port, and top earpiece attract a lot more dust than other iPhones. I'm constantly trying to keep those areas clean to prevent that grungy buildup.

sdwaltz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
Did you have a white-faced phone before moving to the X? Stuff shows up WAY worse on the black face than it does on the white face.

Pseudo-Fed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2017
It does, and it's one of the reasons I returned, along with some of the same said dust that apparently made it's way inside the camera housing. Here are pics of test I did (and posted) with same case (Speck Presidio Sport), both phones starting out clean, same pants pocket, 10 mins each. Plus a pic of the particle under the camera lens cover, which was NOT there when bought just 4 days ago. Before anyone says it's the white face of the 7+ making the screen look better, I'm ONLY looking at the black part--the actual screen. The X definitely has a different static charge, and much of the dust particles are much finer than that which sticks to the 7+:

Untitled by Jeff H, on Flickr

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Aha!

upload_2017-12-6_12-20-12.png

Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
Just FYI...I've had every iPhone since the 4, have had screen protectors only on two, rest are native, keep them in my front blue jean pocket, clean them at times (DO have microfiber & usually use just damp, sometimes with safe eyeglasses cleaner), but, typically I have only gotten smears on my screen. But, with the X, it's been REALLY dusty, like there's a static charge or something. Wondering on the dust inside the camera area, if it got sucked in from elsewhere inside (not sure there's an opening to suck dust in via...).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.