Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dljames9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I have an issue where my iPhone screen is stuck on the lock screen, and won’t turn off. It does this while the phone is sitting still on the table, and a notification wakes it up. The screen will then stray on until I hit the side button. See picture, An email arrived 20 minutes ago, and screen still hasn’t turned off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 622

stoginator

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2017
This was happening to me as well and it was really annoying. I restarted my phone a couple days ago and it seems to have solved it for now. It hasn't come back since.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
I have the same problem on 8 plus. I believe it’s a glitch with iOS 11. This will get fix with a software update.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
I have had the same problem off and on with my X. Kinda annoying but I do believe as iMi stated that this has to be a software issue.

Mtnrunner1

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2018
My Xs Max is doing the same thing. Alerts will cause my lock screen to turn on, then it will not go off. I’ve contacted Apple when I first got the phone and they sent me a replacement and the replacement is doing the same thing.

What could it be?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My Xs Max is doing the same thing. Alerts will cause my lock screen to turn on, then it will not go off. I’ve contacted Apple when I first got the phone and they sent me a replacement and the replacement is doing the same thing.

What could it be?

If the replacement is doing the same it must be a glitch in an app. I owned the X for a year and never saw this. Do you have something running in the background?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.