thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
I just had my iPhone X screen go unresponsive to touch. I had the 11.2 update (since yesterday). At first response was incredibly slow (for a minute or so) so I tried a soft reset then I couldn't log in. I then did a few hard resets and still nothing. Now I'm doing a restore to see if that helps. Anyone else have this issue? This is not the cold weather bug, I'm in a warm and sunny locale right now.

edit to update: DFU restore didn't help either. probably going to need to go to Apple and exchange :-(

ImBuz

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
California
I just had my iPhone X screen go unresponsive to touch. I had the 11.2 update (since yesterday). At first response was incredibly slow (for a minute or so) so I tried a soft reset then I couldn't log in. I then did a few hard resets and still nothing. Now I'm doing a restore to see if that helps. Anyone else have this issue? This is not the cold weather bug, I'm in a warm and sunny locale right now.

edit to update: DFU restore didn't help either. probably going to need to go to Apple and exchange :-(
I have had this same problem intermittently since update to 11.2

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
went to apple, they replaced the phone. They couldn't tell much (the phone is unresponsive without any touch input and their automated diagnostic tools didn't shed light) but they believe it was a hardware failure. Now time to restore from backups.

TimFL1

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
I‘ve had the same issue ever since one of their updates that was supposed to fix cold unresponsiveness.

The screen stops functioning / reacting to touch it seems from time to time. I first thought it‘s the whole phone locking up but then I saw my WhatsApp conversation moving on (new messages coming in etc.) but I was unable to click any keyboard buttons or scroll.

It has happened again just 5 minutes ago while browsing this very forum (I couldn‘t scroll or click anything).
It only ever happens for a few seconds and then it‘s fine for a few hours or a day it seems. Has nothing to do with the cold cause I‘m inside and it‘s warm here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.