Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Apple say the iPhone X sales are off the scale.

Many reported rumours over the past weeks of how short the supply of the X will be.

Yet wait times from Apple are reducing and today on launch day almost every UK retailer has them available.

Every friend I know who wants one has got one.

It’s never been this easy before discounting the 8.

Wonder who’s telling the truth?

BooSaintHeavens

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Apple say the iPhone X sales are off the scale.

Many reported rumours over the past weeks of how short the supply of the X will be.

Yet wait times from Apple are reducing and today on launch day almost every UK retailer has them available.

Every friend I know who wants one has got one.

It’s never been this easy before discounting the 8.

Wonder who’s telling the truth?

I think the price point is a real issue for them.

Reactions: balaplus

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
If you plan to mak 800 million of something and can only make 500 million of that thing in the alloted time, you are greatly diminishing your supply.

Just an example of how numbers can be polayed with. At some point you may not hit your production goals but still come close to meeting that demand.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Either the press are wrong and there never has been an X supply issue or sales are not off the scale.

I get a new phone every year for myself and 2 work colleagues and getting the X was the easier so far.

Hoosier317

Suspended
Sep 21, 2016
Either the press are wrong and there never has been an X supply issue or sales are not off the scale.

I get a new phone every year for myself and 2 work colleagues and getting the X was the easier so far.
...or they were able to ramp up their production, fix production issues and meet challenges over the last several weeks. You have an overly simplistic view of how this all works.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
I would say its the media being gullible to poor founded rumours by so called Analysts trying to make a name for thenselves

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Tim Cook and Apple never hinted at short supply. In fact they launched in 55 countries and told people to line up at the Apple Store. If that doesn’t say we have plenty, I don’t know what does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.