Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
Air puffed out my X speaker tonight with every word spoken by person on the line.

I happened to have the phone speaker and mic close to and pointed directly at my face.

checked several times during call to be sure wasn’t AC or my own breath bouncing off the phone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Air actually being puffed out or air being displaced by the vibration of the speaker (by the sound)?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Yup, pretty impressive sound on the X. You can put your finger over it and feel the air.

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
Air actually being puffed out or air being displaced by the vibration of the speaker (by the sound)?

good question...and one the other party asked when I mentioned during the conversation.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Air puffed out my X speaker tonight with every word spoken by person on the line.

I happened to have the phone speaker and mic close to and pointed directly at my face.

checked several times during call to be sure wasn’t AC or my own breath bouncing off the phone.

Sound requires air to move. In the case of the stereo speakers, that's not uncommon depending on where you had the volume set as well. The stereo speakers will allow you to feel some air movement depending how close you are holding the phone.

Reactions: haruhiko

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
So long as it’s not toxic gas I don’t see your issue anyway. Just means the speakers have got some power to them.

not an “issue”. just an observation and feedback much appreciated.
[doublepost=1512562375][/doublepost]
I noticed this years ago with phones. Nothing new with the X

really? interesting, I hadn’t experienced b4.
[doublepost=1512562428][/doublepost]
Did you smell what the person on the line ate for lunch too?

:p that’s funny!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.