Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

throwawayy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2018
I was downgrading my iPhone to IOS 11.4 Beta 3 in order to jailbreak it, at the time, my phone was connected to my computer and the iTunes app had a pop up saying there was some sort of error and I had to enter my passcode for some odd reason. I looked at my phone and it said "Swipe up to Recover" and I then proceeded to put my passcode in. I was greeted by a loading screen where it said "Attempting Recover", once it was done it said "Recovery Failed" and returned to the Swipe up to Recover screen. I repeated this many times now, tried resetting the phone, and tried reconnecting my iPhone to my computer to no avail.

mkrans89

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2018
I was downgrading my iPhone to IOS 11.4 Beta 3 in order to jailbreak it, at the time, my phone was connected to my computer and the iTunes app had a pop up saying there was some sort of error and I had to enter my passcode for some odd reason. I looked at my phone and it said "Swipe up to Recover" and I then proceeded to put my passcode in. I was greeted by a loading screen where it said "Attempting Recover", once it was done it said "Recovery Failed" and returned to the Swipe up to Recover screen. I repeated this many times now, tried resetting the phone, and tried reconnecting my iPhone to my computer to no avail.

Hi - I am experiencing the exact same problem!! How did you end up fixing this???

throwawayy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2018
Hi - I am experiencing the exact same problem!! How did you end up fixing this???
I forgot but I'm pretty sure I put my phone into recovery mode while it was connected to my laptop, which I think is by pressing volume up and down and holding the power button in rapid succession until you see an image with the iTunes logo, not exactly sure. I basically had to restore my iPhone to backup which fixed it, I didn't have a proper backup available and lost some of my photos which suck. If you didn't make a backup I suggest taking it to an Apple store and try getting it fixed. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.