iPhone X - switch to another X at pick up?

whiteshadoww

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
I want to get an unlocked "world phone" that works in as many countries as possible. I live in Los Angeles and have a 10 AM pick up of my AT&T iPhone X.

When I go tp pick it up can I switch to another carrier-based iPhone with my AT&T SIM card? If yes which carrier is unlocked and a true world phone?

Thanks!

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I want to get an unlocked "world phone" that works in as many countries as possible. I live in Los Angeles and have a 10 AM pick up of my AT&T iPhone X.

When I go tp pick it up can I switch to another carrier-based iPhone with my AT&T SIM card? If yes which carrier is unlocked and a true world phone?

Thanks!
They're all unlocked. The Verizon and Sprint phones have CDMA radios, but both variants sold in the United States have the same GSM bands.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68000
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Most likely not possible.

I tried to change my order without changing delivery date. They said no. The allocations are tight.

benzslrpee

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
all phones are unlocked and will work globally via GSM roaming. you cannot switch phones as Apple will make you activate the AT&T phone on AT&T and nothing else... that is the unfortunate carrier agreement in place

Thanks!