iPhone X SWOD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroUK, Nov 9, 2017.

1. AeroUK macrumors 6502

AeroUK

My iPhone X has given me the Spinning Wheel of Death twice now. Has anyone else had this?

2. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

I haven’t encountered it on my iPhone X. Can you describe what triggers it?

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The CPU would have to be pretty busy for it to show the spinning wheel. What is running in the background?

Is you phone cold?

4. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Does it happen after opening certain applications? I know AR apps aren't pretty right now, I can crash (Spinning wheel as well as lockup) the X by opening at least 2 of the top AR apps in the app store right now. I've stayed clear of them because of this. And this does occur on IOS 11.1 and the latest beta 11.2. I've submitted my testing to Apple as well as the developers of the apps I've seen cause this issue. Also it can be caused by older applications that aren't updated yet, not necessarily just AR apps.

5. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

AeroUK

Yes the phone was cold at the time. The first time the wheel kept flashing on and off and then the Apple logo and it reloaded. The second time it went to the wheel and taped there until I did a force restart.

It’s a fresh install of iOS 11.1 and last night I had closed all apps and restarted so here wasn’t much running in the background.

6. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

AeroUK

I called Apple and they offered to send me a replacement and then I will return the defective phone. They said there would be a $29 administration fee?! I asked how that is possible since I hair recieved it a week ago and they ‘waived’ the fee.