iPhone X Iphone X turns on with one click instead of hold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iyiyi, Oct 11, 2018.

1. iyiyi macrumors newbie

Random stupid question. I just got an iPhone X. My first time using it. I noticed when the phone is off, you only need to push the power button once to turn it on (as if you were locking the screen, not a long hold like on previous iPhones). Is this normal? It's a little annoying, because when I want the phone to be off, it can easily turn on in my pocket etc.

Thanks guys

2. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

3. Ebok macrumors regular

Why do you want the phone to be off in your pocket? Put on DND if you don’t want to be disturbed.

4. digitalexplr macrumors 6502

digitalexplr

You phone isn't "off" if clicking the button turns it "on". It is in sleep mode. To truly turn it OFF you have to hold the button down until the the "Slide to turn off" option appears.

5. CrazyForCashews macrumors regular

You have to hold the side button AND the volume up/down button to get the slide to turn off prompt.

6. Diorama macrumors 6502a

Before the iPhone 8, you needed a long press to turn on the phone from ‘off’.
    On the 8, 8+, X, XS, and XS Max it only takes a click.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's a bit strange given that it would be that much easier to inadvertently turn on the phone like that when you might not want to or expect to. Coupling that with somewhat more complex method of getting to the power down screen, this essentially seems to be the opposite in terms of the usability approach behind it.

8. Diorama macrumors 6502a

Yes, I’ve heard that it’s annoying when replacing screens too, as it’s easy to accidentally turn the phone on and risk a short circuit while opening and entering the phone.