iPhone X UK IUP - Weird Pop Up When Reserving?

mikeb71

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
UK
So, I tried pre-ordering my iPhone X via the app this morning and was surprised to see that I could select what I wanted and the store to reserve my pre-order, but when I then clicked on the 'Reserve' button I had a pop up that stated "Good News, your order is available for collection today" (or something along those lines, which is obviously incorrect) but other than being able to click 'OK' to dismiss the pop up the reservation page had no done, finish or complete button as such which made it feel like its not gone through properly.
My wife did exactly the same thing and also saw this, so neither of us now know whether we've managed to reserve them or not (no email confirmations received so far either). :(

Has anyone else had the same thing, or did there's appear to more fully 'complete'?

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2011
I had already saved my choice as a favourite, App Store came up at 08:03 (uk) I went straight to favourites, added it to basket, went to basket, chose my store, selected pick-up time (3rd Nov 08:00 - 08:30) then clicked ‘pay with Apple Pay’.... order went through, received email straight away

mikeb71

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
UK
I had already saved my choice as a favourite, App Store came up at 08:03 (uk) I went straight to favourites, added it to basket, went to basket, chose my store, selected pick-up time (3rd Nov 08:00 - 08:30) then clicked ‘pay with Apple Pay’.... order went through, received email straight away
So was your order not an iPhone Upgrade Programme order i.e. you've paid for the phone with Apple Pay?

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I did the iup and got the same message, until you get to the confirmation screen you haven’t reserved the phone for iup

mikeb71

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
UK
Yes I eventually after choosing the date got through to a confirmation and add to calendar page, then a confirmation email which ended in my spam folder
That’s annoying :mad:. Oh well, looks like I’ll just have to check store availability each day like I did with my 7 Plus :rolleyes:. Would have been better if the “Good News” pop up had actually said that my reservation time has already been taken and to pick another :(.

Knightcastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2015
I had this, one store just constantly said "good news", switched shops after repeated failed attempts and finally secured Dec 3rd... nightmare.

So yes, when you reserve you progress past the "good news" prompt and reach a confirmation screen which also triggers an email, you can also see it listed in "My Reservations" in the app

mikeb71

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
UK
I had this, one store just constantly said "good news", switched shops after repeated failed attempts and finally secured Dec 3rd... nightmare.

So yes, when you reserve you progress past the "good news" prompt and reach a confirmation screen which also triggers an email, you can also see it listed in "My Reservations" in the app
I've just tried reserving again and now have one for the 9th December :eek:. Oh well, at least I have one reserved now. :cool:

kapa1686

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
So, I tried pre-ordering my iPhone X via the app this morning and was surprised to see that I could select what I wanted and the store to reserve my pre-order, but when I then clicked on the 'Reserve' button I had a pop up that stated "Good News, your order is available for collection today" (or something along those lines, which is obviously incorrect) but other than being able to click 'OK' to dismiss the pop up the reservation page had no done, finish or complete button as such which made it feel like its not gone through properly.
My wife did exactly the same thing and also saw this, so neither of us now know whether we've managed to reserve them or not (no email confirmations received so far either). :(

Has anyone else had the same thing, or did there's appear to more fully 'complete'?
Had the same issue, really annoying. I am going to contact Apple to see what they say..

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
The app wasn’t working for me this morning, didn’t until after 20 past 8.
But as soon as it didn’t go live on the app I went upstairs and used the website. After a brief moment of wondering what the hell I had to do on the website, I just clicked on my account page and at the top there was a picture of the X and a button to reserve it. So I did, launch day pick up.

I was surprised at how straightforward the website was, I normally just use the app as it’s been the quickest and most reliable for me. This was the first year in a long time that the app didn’t work. Still, not complaining of course. Other than now I need to wait a week for launch day :D

mikeb71

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
UK
:rolleyes:
The app wasn’t working for me this morning, didn’t until after 20 past 8.
But as soon as it didn’t go live on the app I went upstairs and used the website. After a brief moment of wondering what the hell I had to do on the website, I just clicked on my account page and at the top there was a picture of the X and a button to reserve it. So I did, launch day pick up.

I was surprised at how straightforward the website was, I normally just use the app as it’s been the quickest and most reliable for me. This was the first year in a long time that the app didn’t work. Still, not complaining of course. Other than now I need to wait a week for launch day :D
Website wasn’t working for me, and I’ve always found the app to be more reliable in the past. :rolleyes:

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
IUP messed up, was there ASAP the app went live, kept getting unexpected error, noticed the MK store stock went really quick, managed to reserve one for the 18th which isnt great but better than december, did anyone manage to get IUP for the 3rd?

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
:rolleyes:

Website wasn’t working for me, and I’ve always found the app to be more reliable in the past. :rolleyes:
Yeah, like I say I've always found the same with the app. Today was a total surprise, caught me off-guard, I was outside having a smoke, iPhone in hand refreshing the store before I decided the app wasn't going to work.

Seems to have been a total crapshoot as to what worked for whom and when today.... So much like any other in-demand Apple launch I suppose :D
[doublepost=1509101377][/doublepost]
IUP messed up, was there ASAP the app went live, kept getting unexpected error, noticed the MK store stock went really quick, managed to reserve one for the 18th which isnt great but better than december, did anyone manage to get IUP for the 3rd?

Yeah I did, more luck than planning though.

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Exact same error (See attached).

Initially thought it went through and I would be picking it up on the 3rd of November between 1-1:30.

But after looking at my reservations it didn't show up. So went back to the same screen and must have spend about 5 minutes clicking on 'Ok' and 'Reserve' - sometimes it came up with an 'error' dialog.

Eventually it came up confirmation at 8:16 (Checked email): `It’s scheduled to arrive by 2 Dec`.

Raging isn't the word!

Attachments

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Yeah, like I say I've always found the same with the app. Today was a total surprise, caught me off-guard, I was outside having a smoke, iPhone in hand refreshing the store before I decided the app wasn't going to work.

Seems to have been a total crapshoot as to what worked for whom and when today.... So much like any other in-demand Apple launch I suppose :D
[doublepost=1509101377][/doublepost]

Yeah I did, more luck than planning though.
yeah have to agree, im very prepared, jus kept getting an error

yui4

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
I managed to reserve for collection on 3/11 via the app at 8:05

Reactions: youknownow

JamesHP

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK

I had the same happen - took my chances and tried again and the second time it worked properly.

19callum93

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I had the exact same problem! Gave up using the app in the end and went online to pre-order. By this time it was 8:15 and pre-orders fro iPhone Upgrade Programme slipped to 2nd December. I was so angry. Spoke to All Support and went into an Apple store, neither was any help

Attachments