iPhone X iPhone X unresponsive screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by henrymls, May 13, 2018.

1. henrymls, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018

henrymls macrumors member

henrymls

I have had my iphone X replaced recently by Apple due to an unresponsive screen. Seems the new phone has the same issue, I just hard reset my phone to see if the problem resolves itself. should I exchange the phone again or is this something I need to live with as an Iphone X user?

2. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Certainly not.

Get that phone replaced. That doesn't seem like anything but a faulty unit.

3. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

Restore the iPhone from iTunes and set it up as a new phone.

If that does not resolve your issues, then yes, get it replaced.

I get the feeling your issues are related to a backup.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

What iOS version was on your phone and on the replacement phone?

5. henrymls thread starter macrumors member

henrymls

At the time of the replcement, the returned phone was up to date and the new phone needed to be updated. The new phone was updated in the store to the current IOS update for the time.

6. ljusmc macrumors member

get a diagnostic ran to see if its hardware. if it isnt, erase phone and set up as new to see if issue is resolved.

7. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

I recommend to download this app and test the screen.

TestM - Check phone & Report by Checkee Inc https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/testm-check-phone-report/id1242371446?mt=8

It could also be a software glitch that render the system unable to recognize the tap. But first, diagnose with the app for any screen dead zone which potential is a hardware defect. If all went smooth, you can restore your device to rule out software related issues.

8. henrymls thread starter macrumors member

henrymls

I was also notified by Apple support that there is no apointments available in my area for the week, imagine that ha. So I am doing a fresh install as new, to see if the problem comes back this week or while I wait to get an appointment or if the problem resolves itself after the reset to new.

9. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Just so you know restore and reset may have different functionality. Reset "Erase All Content and Settings" on the iPhone is just basically erase all personal data and reset to default settings. Restore via iTunes is iTunes will redownload the entire firmware and re-write the OS on the device and reset the settings to default. So it is better to restore than reset.

10. henrymls thread starter macrumors member

henrymls

I did the restore via itunes option
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2018 ---

Thanks a lot for this info, just went through the app test and all was fine, seems to be software related then.