iPhone X vs Plus comparisons (photos)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael Scrip, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

I went to the Apple Store today to look at the iPhone X and to make some comparisons to my iPhone 6S Plus.

My main concerns were the size of 16x9 video in landscape... and the keyboard size for those of us who are used to the Plus-sized keyboard.

Below are some photos. I shot these pictures off another iPhone screen since I couldn't get the photos directly off the store iPhone. The perspective might be skewed... but you get the idea. :)

16x9 Youtube Video
    [​IMG]

Keyboard Comparison
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Side note... the demo units on display were not configured for FaceID. I wanted to try it out for myself. Maybe I'll ask next time if they have some demo units to play with.

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

Coming from a 7 Plus, I have to say the hardest part of using the X is the smaller keyboard. I'm struggling.

3. Michael Scrip thread starter macrumors 603

Yeah that's my biggest concern.

I'm really torn...

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Thanks for the comparison photos. I think that's going to be the trade-off, if you get a smaller form factor, you also have a smaller keyboard. With the Plus, you have the larger device, but you also get the larger keyboard. It's just a matter of adjustment if one can.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I’ve used a plus since it was available and I found that my typing seems more accurate. I actually discovered this when setting up and using my wife’s 8 some. I tend to hit “n” instead of space bar often.

6. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

the struggle is real... $1245 and it feels like i just downside. :( geez apple why why. But I still love my X with all its 101 gestures