iPhone X iphone X vs XS connectivity?

TorontoSS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hello - I note the iPhone XS has better cell phone connectivity than the X.

I have the X and I think it's a great phone. I have zero desire to upgrade and in fact am determined not to! BUT, I have recently moved offices. I live in London and work in London, but the office has moved to an area with less cell phone connectivity. I use work Wi-Fi but calls don't come through.

Will the greater connectivity benefits of the XS actually help this?

My carrier I don't think is the problem. it seems everyone in our building has this issue.

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
Hello - I note the iPhone XS has better cell phone connectivity than the X.

I have the X and I think it's a great phone. I have zero desire to upgrade and in fact am determined not to! BUT, I have recently moved offices. I live in London and work in London, but the office has moved to an area with less cell phone connectivity. I use work Wi-Fi but calls don't come through.

Will the greater connectivity benefits of the XS actually help this?

My carrier I don't think is the problem. it seems everyone in our building has this issue.
No unless it’s using better radios because the X ones suck which I don’t think is true. Like in the states Qualcomm witless chips are better then Intel but Idk who supplies which wireless chip for your model ( probably Intel since you guys don’t use CDMA which Qualcomm provides for the X on Verizon and sprint )

TorontoSS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
No unless it’s using better radios because the X ones suck which I don’t think is true. Like in the states Qualcomm witless chips are better then Intel but Idk who supplies which wireless chip for your model ( probably Intel since you guys don’t use CDMA which Qualcomm provides for the X on Verizon and sprint )
Thanks for your reply. It's useful. I want to show what I'm basing my question on though. This comes from a Forbes article:

"In addition, the iPhone XS has “faster” wireless charging (another improvement Apple declined to define) as well as much faster 4G networking with a leap from Cat 12 to Cat 16 LTE and support of the 600MHz band.

The Cat 16 leap is significant as it will achieve potential 4G speeds of one gigabit whereas Cat 12 was limited to 600 Mbit. While both speeds are unlikely to be achieved in real-world scenarios, it helps future proof the iPhone XS. Useful at a time when Apple is unlikely to support 5G anytime soon.

As for 600 MHz support, this is a genuinely great addition. 600 MHz is a slower network band, but it is one which covers great distances and is being used by networks to deliver coverage to areas previously without signal. The iPhone XS is the first iPhone to support 600 MHz so this will be a big deal to people living in 600 MHz-only areas."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.