Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone X iphone X wake sensitivity stinks :(

solinari6

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Anyone else have this problem? The whole "lift to wake" thing only works 50% of the time for me. Maybe I'm too gentle? But I often have to actually shake the damn thing to get it to wake up.

Same for "tap to wake". It's usually the third or forth tap for me that wakes the phone up (and by that point I'm lucky I don't put my finger through the screen).

Is my phone cursed? Is there no way to adjust this sensitivity?

PhoneMe1

Suspended
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone else have this problem? The whole "lift to wake" thing only works 50% of the time for me. Maybe I'm too gentle? But I often have to actually shake the damn thing to get it to wake up.

No gentle raise does it. And very light tap wakes it.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

Same for "tap to wake". It's usually the third or forth tap for me that wakes the phone up (and by that point I'm lucky I don't put my finger through the screen).

Not normal behavior. Try resetting all setting. If that doesn't work, try setting up as new. If that doesn't work, make a tri to the Apple store.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA

Mine works first time, every time.

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
I have the tap to wake issue. Sometimes, I do have to tap like 4 times to wake up the phone. But most of the time, I just tap once and it wakes.

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
Never had this issue on my X either. I'd suggest performing a hard reset and see if that works. If not, schedule an appointment with Apple.

blairian89

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2016
Texas
With you there. Constantly waking the device when I’m just trying to move it.

Glad that I am not the only who was thinking that they were crazy. I am thinking about turning off raise to wake and see if it changes my experience any...kind of doubt that it will.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011

Might be something wrong with yours because I always find raise to wake too sensitivity. I always keep it turned off.

Reactions: blairian89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.