daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Has anyone noticed weak reception or a fluctuating reception to be more accurate on their Iphone? I have the AT&T model and ever since getting this phone my calls are breaking up and dropping like crazy. Im in an area where i know AT&T has strong reception. I've used previous androids and iphones in the same spot but this phone is very spotty. I did a reset network setting but that didnt help. sometimes i see full bars then it drops to one bar. Strange.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Noticed the very same thing. I am on ATT as well. I get one bar in my house and my iphone 7+ gets full bars. I travel a lot for work so thought maybe it was just in my area but nope same situation everywhere i go. Going to give it some more time but I have observed the very same thing. I even reset my network settings and turned cellular off and on to see if it would change anything . No dice.
Has anyone noticed weak reception or a fluctuating reception to be more accurate on their Iphone? I have the AT&T model and ever since getting this phone my calls are breaking up and dropping like crazy. Im in an area where i know AT&T has strong reception. I've used previous androids and iphones in the same spot but this phone is very spotty. I did a reset network setting but that didnt help. sometimes i see full bars then it drops to one bar. Strange.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2014
Prior to switching to the X, I had a SIM-free 6s Plus (model A1634). I'm on AT&T and would typically get 2 dots/bars in my apartment. My X (the T-Mobile variant, Intel modem) typically gets 3 bars in the same location, as well as higher speed test results, both upstream and downstream. In fact, I've been getting higher speed test results everywhere, not just in my apartment. Of course, YMMV.

daraj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Its silly to have that much difference between the Intel and Qualcomm modem! good thing im still within the return period.

ercsliberty

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
So.... After a week long on testing the Qualcomm version on the Tmobile network and comparing it to my wife’s intel version and the the intel version I initially got on 11/3/17 and tested for two weeks , i can determine that the Qualcomm Verizon is superior by far both with maintaining signal in a low signal areas and in Speedtests.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.