iPhone X: Who will be waiting in line overnite?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psymac, Oct 27, 2017.

1. psymac macrumors 6502a

With delivery not until 11/17 at best, I guess I'll be waiting in line overnite, due to Apple Store App never coming up and having to place order at 3:12 on the website. I'm getting too old for this, but am addicted to having the newest iPhone as soon as possible!

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

To me, I think it's too much of a risk to stand in line anymore, unless Someone truly wanted the experience and in hopes of receiving an iPhone. But from reading on here, it seems some have landed an early ship date.

3. psymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm guessing if you're not in the first 200, and better if first 100, there wont be any left. At least at my Tampa International Mall location, they did come out about 6am and went down the line and gave a card for your order.

4. ackmondual macrumors 65816

ackmondual

Are the 100 and 200 figures based on something concrete like word online, or past experiences? I'd be concerned if there wouldn't even be 50 of them!

5. Nibiruthehufky macrumors member

Yeah what’s the source for this? I have a launch day delivery for my phone but my girlfriend got hit with a 11/17-24 so I’m going to nyc to wait in line tomorrow.

6. psymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

--- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2017 ---
    Past experience on three occasions.

7. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

None of the carriers in my area will have X on Friday so that's a no go for me. Though I wasn't planning on standing in line anyway.

8. Nibiruthehufky macrumors member

No Apple stores near you?

9. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Add me to the list. Will be getting a hotel across street from the Apple store and then queue at 2am.

10. Macalway macrumors 68030

Just looked in the meet-ups forum and it looks like a lot of X activity.

11. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Yes, about 50 minutes away. But it's a major city and i'm sure there are people lined up already so I don't see me heading there. A friend of mine ordered 4 has confirmation for delivery this Friday. So he is making me a deal on one of them so I can test some application updates. I don't plan on using X as my daily driver, didn't care for it when I had my time with it this summer. But it is always exciting to see a new device come out from Apple.

12. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

13. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

I preordered for inshore pickup... however I used to camp out for days, so I miss it a bit. I wish it wasn't as cold on the east coast so I could lineup.

14. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I’ll be following threads of people waiting in line. Interested to hear about how it’ll go.

15. Yibn macrumors newbie

Yibn

Where did you line up before at International? Thinking about doing that and am curious when you arrived and where as I could see a few places people would gravitate towards.