iPhone X Wireless Car Charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DNichter, Nov 7, 2017.

1. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I am wondering what others are doing for wireless charging in the car. I would like a dock that goes right into the old cigarette lighter (forget what they call it now) and can be tilted up to hold the phone and charge. I haven't been able to find one. Open to other ideas, but was hoping to see what everyone else was using/considering.

Thanks

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I suppose it would also be dependent where the 12 V output is and if it's possible to mount something in that area based on how the cars console area is built surrounding the ports. I know with my new Ford SHO, I thought about the same thing and there is nowhere to physically mount anything based on how they designated the 12 V ports and where they're located in my car.

3. DNichter thread starter macrumors G3

DNichter

Yea I figured it would vary. I didn't know how I felt about the pad up on the dash or attached to the vent. Below is my interior. Ideally, I would like something to go into that bottom right car charger port and then prop up.

upload_2017-11-7_13-59-53.jpeg

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Even if I did have certain areas in my car I could mount something, I think it would look rather awkward or tacky in Specifc set up in my car. But it something I would like to do.

5. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

did a review of wireless charging for the day and he has a wireless charging stand

6. DNichter thread starter macrumors G3

DNichter

Yea, that's my worry also. I don't want a cord hanging across my console or a cheap thing hanging from my vent. I figured something small from the 12V would be the only option.