iPhone X & Wireless QI charging

kart

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
AU
Apologies if my question has already been asked/answered previously
I have pre ordered my iPhone X, and am picking up on launch date..
I am now looking into the wireless QI chargers.. I have found a reasonably priced wireless charger, being in Australia (we seem to pay a premium for everything, including the Belkin wireless charger that the Apple store sell..)

I have found a Blitzwolf fast charger, however in the description states that the iPhone X & 8 only support up to 5W charging, however Galaxy 8 supports fast charging..is this correct? If so, why?

I do remember reading something when the 8 first hit stores that it only supported upto 5W charging, however a later iOS update would change that.

Can someone confirm this for me?
I am looking at getting the Apple wireless pad next year when it’s released, but I would like to have something in the mean time

Cheers!!

Jimpilot

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
No
My understanding is that 5W is current and it will go up to 7.5 with an IOS 11 update. But to be honest I read it on these forums so can’t confirm it other than that.

Does anyone know how much difference the update will make real world.

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
I'm holding out for the Apple Qi charger, I bet it charges at 12W+++.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
My understanding is that 5W is current and it will go up to 7.5 with an IOS 11 update. But to be honest I read it on these forums so can’t confirm it other than that.

Does anyone know how much difference the update will make real world.
I read, somewhere but not on this forum that the software update is due in 11.X
If I can find it again I’ll come back and post the source here.

Last edited: