iPhone X iPhone X won't charge

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Tacoma, WA
All of a sudden, my iPhone X will not charge when plugged into a wall outlet. I'm using the charging cord that's included with the phone. I've rebooted the device - no help. The only scenario where it WILL charge, is when I'm plugged into my McBook Pro, and MacBook Pro is plugged into power.

I'm running 12.1.4

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
All of a sudden, my iPhone X will not charge when plugged into a wall outlet. I'm using the charging cord that's included with the phone. I've rebooted the device - no help. The only scenario where it WILL charge, is when I'm plugged into my McBook Pro, and MacBook Pro is plugged into power.

I'm running 12.1.4
Have you tried plugging to a different wall outlet?

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Have your tried a different charger cube? If the original cable worked with your MacBook then it seems the cube could be the culprit!
Have your tried a different charger cube? If the original cable worked with your MacBook then it seems the cube could be the culprit!
Unfortunately, I don't have an extra cube ... now I wish I did
[doublepost=1551117052][/doublepost]Sounds like a trip to the Apple Store ... either for a new charger, or some kind of diagnostic

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Turns out to be a bad cube/adapter. They replaced it, free of charge (still under Apple Care).

Weird, though - never had a charger issue in all the years of having an iPhone.

Thanks, folks!

Reactions: BasicGreatGuy