iPhone X/XS ZOOM feature gone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trlyka, Dec 20, 2018.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Went from 7 plus to XS Max, but decided it was too heavy and went to the XS. Now I am reading where the Zoom feature is not available on the X/XS? Even though the screen size is 5.8" on the XS vs. 5.5" for the 7 plus, it is still smaller looking to me. The Zoom feature really helped on the 7 plus. Why did they not include this option on the new iPhones? I can only assume it was on purpose to sell more XR/XS models, but that's just my opinion.....

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

It wasn't on the X months before XS/XR were even announced, so that doesn't really fit in.

As to why, it just seems that's the design decision Apple made--we don't really know the particular reasoning.

3. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

You could say that the screen on the 7 Plus is bigger because the X is just the size of the 6/6s/7/8 with a taller screen, extending to the top. Regardless the fact it's 0,3'' bigger than the 7P/8P on paper, it's because it's taller, not wider.

But weirdly enough, the zoom feature is present on the 6/s/7/8, so idk why Apple decided to remove it... it's Apple.

4. martin2345uk macrumors 6502a

Someone posted a detailed explanation of this on here but from what I recall it’s because the phones that have zoom, have a smaller phone with exactly the same screen ratio they can zoom to. So a 6/7/8 zooms to the UI of a 5/5S/SE; a Plus phone zooms to the UI of a 6/7/8, and the XR/Max zoom to the UI of the X/XS.

The X/XS have nothing already created to zoom to so would mean more work for apple/app developers to support.

Something like that anyway (“,)