iPhone XR iPhone XR 180€ cheaper than 11, yes or no?

iFoure

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
One of the carriers in my country is offering XR 128gb for 699€ and today is the last day to use that offer. I made some price comparisons with the 11 and at this moment the 11 (128gb) is 879€. So, the XR would save me 180€ which is quite a nice amount of money :) Now the question is: is the 11 worth almost two hundred more? What would you choose?

I've got iPhone 8 64gb atm so the XR would be a beneficial upgrade itself already, I need that 128gb storage as I only have 6gb left. I know that the biggest upgrade in the 11 is the cameras, but what else is better and worth paying more?

Thanks! :)

maerz001

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2010
You can find the XR 128 for 635€ on Amazon, Ebay and Mediamarkt...

The camera is the biggest difference, followed by battery life. And of course little faster processor. U can compare all models on apple.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Freakonomics101

bodonnell202

macrumors 65832
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Biggest difference is the cameras, with both the front and rear cameras in the 11 seeing a big improvement over the previous generation (plus new features like night mode). Whether or not camera performance is important to you is probably the main factor in whether or not it is worth the extra money (it was important enough for me to dish out the extra $ when deciding what to upgrade to from my 8 in the fall).

There are other small differences as well, but they are mostly stuff that the average user wouldn't even notice.

JPack

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2017
Stick with the XR. We're too close to iPhone 5G for be paying full retail for iPhone 11.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The camera alone is enough of upgrade, night mode came in handy in so many situations
Night mode is huge. I’m surprised about the amount of members that actually had mentioned that they don’t use night mode, perhaps maybe that’s because they don’t take a lot of pictures at dusk/night. But nonetheless, that feature alone is worth the upgrade.

Burebista

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
If you’re taking lots of pictures in low light: indoors, outdoors on overcast days, at night and just lots of pictures in general than the 11 is worth the extra cost. However none are particularly good deals for that price if I’m being honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.