Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am retiring my iPhone 7 and want to get XR.

Let me know if the white balance is good or bad or same compared to X and XS or 7 .

I dont like warmer displays !

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I have an X and with True Tone off, my device is definitely cooler. I only have it warm at bedtime so that I have an easier time falling asleep if I was using my phone before bedtime.

Reactions: vivek28

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
I have an X and with True Tone off, my device is definitely cooler. I only have it warm at bedtime so that I have an easier time falling asleep if I was using my phone before bedtime.

iphone X is definitely cooler than XR. I noticed in store XR has yellowish whites. Although some XR have cooler tint. Is getting a cooler display a lottery ?

DanRyb

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
Orange County, CA
Feels like a lottery! I went through four XS Maxes and all had warmer/yellowy displays that I was not happy with. I gave up. However, just picked up a Red iPhone XR and the display is PERFECTLY cool! Nice crisp white. Finally!! Haha. I am very happy.

Reactions: vivek28

vivek28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2013
Feels like a lottery! I went through four XS Maxes and all had warmer/yellowy displays that I was not happy with. I gave up. However, just picked up a Red iPhone XR and the display is PERFECTLY cool! Nice crisp white. Finally!! Haha. I am very happy.

lol i am happy for you Dan !!

I also did get a warmer display in iphone 7. I thought I will give it a try and would be happy but NO.

Warmer display induces sleep lol.. and colors just dont pop much.

Its a bummer i cant give back iPhones in my country if i dont like them!!

Reactions: DanRyb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.