iPhone XR iPhone XR flashlight/torch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott M, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Scott M macrumors regular

Hi, guys.

I took delivery of my XR yesterday, and so far I am really enjoying the upgrade from my previous iPhone 6s. However, there is one small thing that is bothering me a little bit. It's the flashlight/torch.

The flashlight/torch on my 6s, and my partner's 8 both give off this nice pure white hue, however, on my XR, it appears to give off a greenish white hue, which looks quite grubby. I've tried changing the brightness, etc, but it doesn't change the hue.

I was just wondering if this was normal or not? Could you guys check your flashlights/torches and let me know if yours has a greenish hue to it as well?

Thanks.

2. RocketFast macrumors member

RocketFast

Compared my Xs to a SE and it looks the same to me, just brighter. If you can, take a picture of it with another phone so we can see.

3. Scott M thread starter macrumors regular

I'll give that a go when I am back at home later tonight. Weird thing, I just went into a pitch black bathroom at work and turned the camera app on, on the video setting, and then turned the flash on and it was suddenly a very warm yellow tone, as opposed to green. Turned that off and went back to the normal flashlight via the control centre, and it was back to being greenish again, and then I went back into camera app again to try and replicate that warm yellow light, but I couldn't replicate it! That's greenish now too. It appears to be able to change colour?

4. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Mine is white with a faint yellowish hue at night. No green.