Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Which device would you upgrade to if you were in my shoes?

• iPhone XR for $580 CAD

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • iPhone 11 for $955 CAD

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Something else (comment below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bodonnell202

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So my carrier has a promo on at the moment, which if I upgrade to a new device on the Tab (basically a 2 year interest free loan on a cell phone purchase, with monthly payments, but you can pay it off in full at any time) I'll get triple the data (from 4 to 12 GB) for the same monthly cost and they are throwing in a free year of Amazon Prime too. With my employer recently clamping down on data use on work phones (they didn't used to care and I stream a lot of music) I was going to have to upgrade my personal data plan anyway if I want to maintain my music streaming habits (and I do...)

I was set on upgrading to an iPhone 11 but when I logged on last night to make the order they had quite the superb promotion going on with the iPhone XR. Here is the all-in cost for each model:
iPhone 11: $955 (CAD)
iPhone XR: $580 (CAD)

Both of these are below Apple Store (Canada) prices, but in the case of the 11 it is a mere $24 below Apple Store prices, whereas the XR is a whopping $219 below Apple store prices. I'm not so sure I can justify to myself an extra $375 for what the 11 offers over the XR...

slomojoe

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2018
Canada
i voted for the iphone xr which i really like so far

i am not a big camera user, if i were i'd go for the 11 other than that they are extremely close in specs

the battery like on the xr is spectacular (and i assume the 11 as well)

great promo (for canada anyway)

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
I caught a promo like that from Verizon, shortly before iPhone 11 was released, I jumped on it in a heartbeat! IMO, nothing about the 11 makes it worth the price difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.