iPhone XR Iphone XR - Phone will not work with headset

sawha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2019
I have a new IPhone XR and I cannot get neither a corded headset nor blue tooth headset to work while making or taking a call. Any other app works fine with either, however, when using the phone app it is not detecting either piece of hardware. I use Verizon and running IOS 12.3.1. I called them and they could not help and they got Apple support on the phone........ each solution was to have the phone repaired/swap the phone.

I am hoping someone had the same issue and can help. TIA

anandhts

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2017
you have to attend the call on the bluetooth device.. If you attend the call in phone while connected to bluetooth device, default-ly internal speaker is selected.. you have to manually change it then..while on a call connect the device and try to change the audio to bluetooth device through the music controls in control center .. it will work out..

riteshritesh

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2016
Mumbai INDIA
Two options before you change your device.
1) Delete all BT connected devices and re-pair.
2) Try connecting your corded headset to someone else's phone. If that works, your phone really needs a replacement.

There seems like some 'audio passover' issue or some setting that has been changed and is being overlooked..