iPhone XR iPhone XR vs iPhone 8 Text Size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by windmill83, Apr 21, 2019.

1. windmill83 macrumors member

The iPhone XR display is higher resolution than the iPhone 8, but the ppi is the same (326). My question is, is the default text size on the XR the same, smaller or larger than the iPhone 8?

2. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I'm going on memory from my old 6s that I had before getting my XR last October, but if I recall correctly, the default 6s font (which should be the same size as the 8) was a little larger than the XR default font. However, I have the XR display zoom set to "zoom" instead of standard, which makes the font size just right for me.

Again, if I recall correctly, when I set the 6s display zoom to zoom instead of standard (default), that was a bit too large to me and standard was a bit too small.

And now you should be thoroughly confused . . . ;)

3. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

spooky2k

The text size can be seen in this video:

I found that by doing a google search for 'XR vs 8 text size'. Rocket science, I know...

4. windmill83 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. The video didn’t include the iPhone 8, only the 8 plus. However, I did find some information in another thread (see link). In standard mode, the text size for the XR and 8 are about the same. With display zoom on, the 8 has larger text than the XR. I thought it would have been the other way around.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/xr-font-size.2150111/#post-26716106

5. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Is there any need to be a dick?