Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
E73AD0E9-AD14-4B1F-B4CB-A7430E8B3D3D.jpeg

Good morning,

The problem I am having is geared specifically toward the iPhone Xs 512GB model. As you can see the majority of the content is media base. The issue I am having sometimes when accessing media is when I tap on a movie it seems not to respond but sliding my finger up or down does scroll through the movie library.

It’s not only when I close the app. and try the TV app. that it works. I have Ed this with my iMessage app too where I am staring at a white screen until when I almost quit the app the messages shows up.

My question is those who have the 512GB model are you experiencing this too? Or is it because it’s a larger storage that it just takes a while to access information as on a laptop or desktop.

Lontano

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
I have filled my 512GB with music and am experiencing no access issues whatsoever. No movies on my phone.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
iOS 12 has introduced some "hesitation" sometimes when opening apps. This happened on my 8+ when iOS 12 came out. I see this mostly on Settings.

menist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
This can be a ram issue where it stutters accessing big files from flash memory/ssd. Try closing all your apps In the background, and open only your media app. It can also be the app that's causing the problem. For me I use VLC and avplayer for movies, and they work with no problems.

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
This can be a ram issue where it stutters accessing big files from flash memory/ssd. Try closing all your apps In the background, and open only your media app. It can also be the app that's causing the problem. For me I use VLC and avplayer for movies, and they work with no problems.

Thank you. I’ll try that out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.