iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Smart Battery Cases Spotted in Apple's Fall 2018 Merchandising Guide

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 18, 2018.

1. tl01 macrumors 68020

Oh please! I'l head to the store right now if they have this for the Max in not-leather!!!

2. Bacillus, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

Bacillus Suspended

Bacillus

If it was his idea to cross-breed Miss Piggy with Sponge Bob, it should have led to 10 years of imprisonment.

3. JRobinsonJr macrumors 6502a

No comments on the battery cases, but I find it amusing that this is listed for the "Fall 2018 Catalog"... giving that fall officially ends in 3 days.

4. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

I wonder if Apple figured out if wireless charging is capable with this kind of battery case.

5. TomOSeven macrumors regular

TomOSeven

Again with the high effort, high quality shitposting.

10/10!

6. Sasparilla macrumors 6502a

Looking forward to these coming out, so hopefully they're real and for the Xr as well.

7. Kanyay Suspended

Kanyay

That hump on the back is bigger than my wife's behind! Wow!

8. devinci99 macrumors regular

--- Post Merged, Dec 18, 2018 ---
    I am assuming you have to give up wireless charging if you use this case?

Or does this case somehow also support wireless charging (rather than blocking it).

9. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Yeah. I’ll get one of these. Never hurts to have more battery. Plus works with lightning charger. Although I’m always by a charger, never hurts to have just in case battery.

10. imola.zhp macrumors 6502a

imola.zhp

Phone is already heavy enough, and that's just an XS. My sister came from an 8 and is complaining about the weight, I came from a 7+ so its about the same but I wouldn't want it any heavier. I have put charging pads in strategic places at home and work and the phone rarely dips below 50%.

11. bigboyz12000 macrumors member

bigboyz12000

Shouldn't need an extra battery or pack at this point. Battery's should last at least 48 hours will standard use. The new iPhones are not weight weenies...they are heavy. I do not need a biceps workout but thank you for offering hehe!

12. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I'm definitely interested in a battery for my Xs MAX. But I already bought a nice leather wallet case so I probably won't get it. Love the idea of being able to go half a week or more without needing to charge! But yeah, that would be one big phone.

13. Enclavean macrumors regular

Enclavean

I believe thats what the kids these days call...

T H I C C

14. Kanyay Suspended

Kanyay

Thiccer than a ****in' Snicker
    -6ix9ine #FREE69

15. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I don’t get how most of you are saying that the XS Max has long battery life on the go. I couldn’t last a full day. I actually switched to the XR for much greater battery between charging. My XS Max would sometimes get me until 6pm, my XR will always get me until 8pm.

With the only battery case I will buy being Apple’s with the lightning connector, I am thankful they’re on the way. People don’t talk about how far superior the Apple bulge is in ensuring there is no blocking the antennas. In fact, the Apple case works with the iPhone software and improves connectivity with both cellular and WiFi networks. In addition, it’s the only one that works with far superior Lighting to MicroUSB. I don’t get why Mophie cannot upgrade to USBC for at least improved cable design.

16. adamski23 macrumors regular

The final piece of the puzzle to achieve perfect symmetry. The combination of the hump on the back and the notch at the front is poetry in motion. I kid, I kid.....

Whether you like the look (and price) of this accessory, its good that they are making it for those that want the extra functionality.

17. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

My max lasts me all day

Sometimes on light use I have 60-70% remaining

At 19.00 I have 53% left

18. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

With wireless charging it isn't that inconvenient to slap the iPhone on that for a quick top up.

19. tl01 macrumors 68020

20. chrizzz09 macrumors regular

Made out of leather? for the Xs and Xs Max?

Prepare for a 150$+ price for them.

Oh wait, forgot we are talking about 2018 Apple, so it will be something like 179$ for the Xs version and 199$ for the Max one...

21. Wiesenlooser macrumors 6502a

I hope there is a non-leather option. I must be one of the few that HATES the leather cases. Too big, heavy and feel gross. I actually "downgraded" to silicone.

22. jacks64 macrumors newbie

jacks64

Same here

23. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I have not upgraded my 7 because no case was available for the X. As soo. As these land I’ll be picking up an Xs and a battery case. Same with 3 of my family members.