Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Just watched this video from Unbox Therapy. I generally find many of his videos overly sensational, especially in regards to Apple but this issue, if genuine, would certainly be problematic.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with their XS or XS Max? I tested mine and did not see this problem.

Also, a comment in the video speculated that this setting under Face ID & Passcode may be causing the problem. None of the iPhones in the video had been asleep for more than a minute or two so I don't think it's the cause.

fullsizeoutput_528b.jpeg

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
Just watched this video from Unbox Therapy. I generally find many of his videos overly sensational, especially in regards to Apple but this issue, if genuine, would certainly be problematic.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with their XS or XS Max? I tested mine and did not see this problem.

Also, a comment in the video speculated that this setting under Face ID & Passcode may be causing the problem. None of the iPhones in the video had been asleep for more than a minute or two so I don't think it's the cause.

View attachment 790375

I agree that Louis can be critical on Apple, but if this problem is genuine then it is a very major problem.

This is a problem that needs to be addressed. He also has the video earlier in the week about the front camera as well. While that problem doesn’t really affect me that too could be an issue for some people.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
If it's an issue Apple will fix it. I'm not seeing it on my Max. But 99.9% looks like software to me with when the device is asleep.

Same with this alleged "beauty mode" issue, which it's not even to begin with, but over-compensating for low light noise reduction smoothing the whole image. In simple words, its overprocessing the image; a simple software fix.

And anyone who uses -gate for everything loses every bit of my respect.

I can't watch that clown anymore, WAY too overdramatic. "But I dont hate Apple" mmhmmm, proceeds to make 18 iphone problem/sucks videos for clickbait $ purposes from his mostly Android following.

"But lemme tweet Tim Cook why me no invited to the event or get a review phone?" See above about 18 Apple bashing videos; because THAt makes perfect marketing sense to give you anything.

Last edited:

MichaelColley

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2014
I think people are spoiled. From the first generation iPhone to this generation the operating system has advanced by over a thousand percent. Obviously, there will be bugs here and there. They will fix this, It's not like you can't charge your phone at all.

I notice lou loves to point out apple issues, but I never see him complaining about issues on the note 9 or other android phones. hmm.

Reactions: roncron

AudibleNectar

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2018
If it's an issue Apple will fix it. It 99.9% looks like software to me with when the device is asleep.

Same with this alleged beauty mode" issue, which it's not even that but over-compensating for low light noise reduction smoothing the whole image.

And anyone who uses -gate for everything loses every bit of my respect.

I can't watch that clown anymore, WAY too overdramatic. "But I dont hate Apple" mmhmmm, proceeds to make 18 iphone problem/sucks videos for clickbait $ purposes from his mostly Android following.

"But lemme tweet Tim Cook why me no invited to the event or get a review phone?" See above about 18 Apple bashing videos; because THAt makes perfect marketing sense to give you anything.

That guy definitely needs "Therapy" that's for sure. There's all kinds of things to be truly angry about in this world, and Apple/Android isn't one of them (excepting for security/privacy issues, of course).

Reactions: roncron

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
I notice lou loves to point out apple issues, but I never see him complaining about issues on the note 9 or other android phones. hmm.

The majority of his subs are Android users; cater to where those clicks and ad $$$ are. Say whatever you need to say to get said clicks and $$$.

That guy definitely needs "Therapy" that's for sure. There's all kinds of things to be truly angry about in this world, and Apple/Android isn't one of them (excepting for security/privacy issues, of course).

Barf, as much as Apple pisses me off sometimes and needs to step up their OS big time and stop nickel and diming people (like a big boy charge brick in the box), as I wont deny Android can do a lot more useful stuff, I would not want anything Google and their crap privacy.

Its bad enough they accidentally revealed they have remote access into Android P devices to change settings (thus likely anything on your device); that's creepy as hell.

But I dont actively sit and bash Android either. I wish iOS borrowed quite a few of their features, or Android was more secure/less creepy privacy and got timely OS updates. I have no loyalty to either and use which has less compromises; which IMO less features is WAY better than creepy privacy/security and lack of OS updates

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.