iPhone XS cases with most protection

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
So i´m looking to buy a case that protects the iPhone XS as much as possible, the protection I´m obviously looking for is protection against cracked screen and cracked backside, and also against other types of damages to the phone.

The design is not that important for me, the protection is number one.
I know many case manufacturers claims they have this super duper drop protection etc.
But which cases has a proven outstanding protection against phone damage, and especially against cracked screens and backsides?

I would appreciate some tips suggestions on these cases.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So i´m looking to buy a case that protects the iPhone XS as much as possible, the protection I´m obviously looking for is protection against cracked screen and cracked backside, and also against other types of damages to the phone.

The design is not that important for me, the protection is number one.
I know many case manufacturers claims they have this super duper drop protection etc.
But which cases has a proven outstanding protection against phone damage, and especially against cracked screens and backsides?

I would appreciate some tips suggestions on these cases.
Check out Mobilereviews-eh.ca

Aaron does a great job cutting through the marketing fluff and actually uses the cases themselves for extended periods of time.

It’s a good place to get started.

I’m personally partial to RhinoShield products, but not everylikes them.

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Check out Mobilereviews-eh.ca

Aaron does a great job cutting through the marketing fluff and actually uses the cases themselves for extended periods of time.

It’s a good place to get started.

I’m personally partial to RhinoShield products, but not everylikes them.
Thanks, I will check that out now.

SteveJobbinIt

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2017
USA
i'd recommend the Otterbox Pursuit... it's pretty lightweight, yet i feel like i could throw my phone off a bridge with it and it'd be fine.

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
i'd recommend the Otterbox Pursuit... it's pretty lightweight, yet i feel like i could throw my phone off a bridge with it and it'd be fine.
Yeah it looks pretty good, but how much is the camera protruding on the backside? I guess if its protruding and you drop the phone the camera could hit the ground?

AE14

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I think OtterBox as a brand offers the best overall. I use the defender pro for travel or days when extra protection is warranted.

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
I think OtterBox as a brand offers the best overall. I use the defender pro for travel or days when extra protection is warranted.
Yes I have gotten a pretty good impression of some of the Otterbox cases.

What about the Lifeproof cases, I think thats what they are called. If i remember it correctly some of those cases even have a clear "screen protector" built in that goes on top of the phone screen, don't know if that helps against screen damage or if its just for water protection?

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
By the way, does anybody know of any of these good protection cases that also works with an edge to edge glass screen protector mounted on the phone screen and still fits nicely inside the case?

naturalguy

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2018
OtterBox Defender has the most protection. It has the highest front lip which is going to project the screen from a faceplant, most cases are lacking in this area. It's also the grippiest case so you are less likely to drop it to begin with.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yes I have gotten a pretty good impression of some of the Otterbox cases.

What about the Lifeproof cases, I think thats what they are called. If i remember it correctly some of those cases even have a clear "screen protector" built in that goes on top of the phone screen, don't know if that helps against screen damage or if its just for water protection?
Otterbox is terrible and over priced. Go with ThanoTech or Rhinoshield.