iPhone XS iPhone XS freezing and battery issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snerkler, Sep 28, 2018.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I picked up a 256gb XS last Saturday and have been having a few issue. On odd occasions inbuilt apps (settings, notes etc) froze and I have to go back to the home screen, close the app down and then open it again and it will start working again. Also, animojis would not play properly and would just quickly stutter back and forth whilst a 'play' icon would flash over the top of the Animoji, this happened for both sent and received animojis.

I tried soft reset but this didn't help so yesterday I did a full restore which seemed to work until this morning when the settings app froze again. Animojis still seem to be displaying properly though at the mo. Also I noticed that my battery had drained 70% overnight.

Have other people had similar issues and is there a known fix, or is a case of going back to apple for a replacement?

2. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

If you're within the free return period, don't worry about a fix. Take it back to Apple and have them replace it.

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I’ve noticed the freezing and stuttering of Animoji as well. Not too sure if it’s a software issue. It hasn’t frozen enough for me to care. But let’s see.

Also there seems to be a weird issue when I make FaceTime calls, the screen becomes black at my end and on the other side it shows paused.

4. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I have an appointment with the Genius Bar on Wednesday which is still within the 14 day period so should be OK for a replacement if the problem persists.

Thanks, that's interesting. When I first had the stuttering animojis I noticed that turning personal hotspot on/off temporarily fixed it so definitely was a glitch somewhere. However, as I said the animojis have been ok since the restore but I shall keep an eye on the freezing. It's only done it once since, but if it persists I'm not willing to accept it tbh as I find it annoying. Plus it's an £1100 phone, it should be perfect ;)

5. Ehull2002 macrumors newbie

Ehull2002

I have had the same problem with the screen freezing it’s so annoying having to close an app and open it back up again. I’m not being funny but I’ve upgrade from a smashed up SE to this beaut of a phone and for the £1000 price I expect it to work like a dream! What do I do about this?

6. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry for the late reply. I took my phone back for an exchange and it's been fine, no freezing.

7. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Try a ‘hard reset’ see if that works
    If not do a ‘restore from backup’
    Next option is to set up as new and then restore
    Lastly if all these options don’t work take it into an Apple Store

8. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry