iPhone XS iPhone XS Hotspot Issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mlrollin91, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Hey all. Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced what I am experiencing.

I have an old Moto E4 that I hotspot to so my niece or nephew can play Pokemon Go. I have noticed that with the XS, the Moto E4 will no longer connect. It keeps timing out. I tried this with 3 different XS devices. Reset network settings on all of them, and no luck.

Is it possible that the updated WiFi chip would cause incapability issues with older devices for hotspot use? I am able to get my iPhone XS hotspot to connect to other devices (iPhones, iPads, Macs and more, just not this one particular phone.). The Moto E4 will still connect to my 8Plus hotspot and WiFi without an issue.

2. tresmith macrumors 6502

I have a Xs and a Moto phone as well and I can't get the Moto phone to connect to the Xs hotspot. It keeps saying that I've entered the wrong password even when I know the password to be entered correctly.

3. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Yes. Same exact issue. I can’t find a fix.

4. cjake macrumors regular

I got an unsuccessful connection attempt message when I tried to connect to my XS Max hotspot from my old 2010 Mac Air. The Air was still trying to connect even after the message. After about 4 minutes the connection was successful.

Once connected, I can disconnect and reconnect immediately.