iPhone XS Max iphone XS Max, apple music and siri not playing nice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Norwegian_Imposter, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Norwegian_Imposter macrumors regular

Norwegian_Imposter

It wont seem to act on my requests for apple music and comes up with if you are not connected to wifi check data. I have ample data and it works fine for other requests like sending texts just not apple music. It never did this for my iphone X.

Anyone else getting this issue?

2. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Yep! I'm having the same issue. I just happen to talk to Apple about it and they scheduled a call with one of their advisors or whatever they're called. I love listening to music on the way to work and every single time I ask Siri to shuffle my playlist, it gives me the same message, I have to try twice and then it will do what I ask! it's so annoying. I wonder if it has to do with the whole cellular problema thats going on with the XS and XS Max because I don't get more than 2 bars and my coverage used to be amazing with my X.

3. simplynando macrumors 6502

simplynando

Same thing has been happening with me. I don't have CarPlay or a bluetooth system in my car (2009 car, use a car mount with ole reliable AUX cord) and I used Hey Siri for music selection with no problems on my iPhone X and older, but it doesn't seem to work with the XS Max.

4. Norwegian_Imposter thread starter macrumors regular

Norwegian_Imposter

5. rillrill macrumors 6502a

rillrill

Same issue but with my watch connected to my Max. I request some music and it just hangs. Siri will forever suck, it seems.

6. simplynando macrumors 6502

simplynando

Siri on Apple Watch is just a joke. I can never get it to work. It always says I need to wait and she’ll tap me when she’s ready.

7. rillrill macrumors 6502a

rillrill

What’s weird is it use to work ok for me, and now it’s as you say.

8. Norwegian_Imposter thread starter macrumors regular

Norwegian_Imposter

Yeah it used to work fine on the iPhone X just not my iPhone X Max

9. rillrill macrumors 6502a

rillrill

I’ve been adding “play ________ album on Apple Music” and getting better results but.... o_O