iPhone XS Max battery case.

Andy1964

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2017
Hi I am thinking about buying apple battery case for my Xs max. But I’ve started to wonder if it safe for phone battery. Battery case suppose to charge phone battery all the time so is it possible to damage battery in that way. Thanks in advance for your response.

F23

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2014
no, it's better to always be charging rather than to discharge and run thru cycles quickly. it will be fine to use.

Reactions: parker5011

parker5011

macrumors member
May 17, 2018
no, it's better to always be charging rather than to discharge and run thru cycles quickly. it will be fine to use.
Yup.  made it to work better than a charger. It’s an extended battery.

kkay5

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi I am thinking about buying apple battery case for my Xs max. But I’ve started to wonder if it safe for phone battery. Battery case suppose to charge phone battery all the time so is it possible to damage battery in that way. Thanks in advance for your response.
I have a smart battery case for my iPhone XS Max, but I don’t use it anymore. The battery health on my phone starting going down way faster than usual after I started using it so I don’t really use it now.

Vdovin

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
I have a smart battery case for my iPhone XS Max, but I don’t use it anymore. The battery health on my phone starting going down way faster than usual after I started using it so I don’t really use it now.
I have noticed this as well. I use a battery case and my wife doesn’t. Hers is on 100% and mine is 95%

I do use mine more but we both got our phones at the same time.

However I can’t go back to not having a battery case now

slippery-pete

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2007
My phone had 100% battery health prior to getting case. Dropped to 98% and has stayed there

parker5011

macrumors member
May 17, 2018
I have noticed this as well. I use a battery case and my wife doesn’t. Hers is on 100% and mine is 95%

I do use mine more but we both got our phones at the same time.

However I can’t go back to not having a battery case now
I have noticed the more you let your phone die or get below 10% the after the battery dies. My iPhone X has been on 95% since the day the charging case came out and it hasn’t moved yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vdovin

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
I have noticed the more you let your phone die or get below 10% the after the battery dies. My iPhone X has been on 95% since the day the charging case came out and it hasn’t moved yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks I am not really worried about the phone % too much I think my iPhone 7 was on 82% when I switched it after 2 years. I think it’s pretty normal. I doubt the difference between even 80% and 100% is noticeable unless you do a proper test.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I just wanted to say that I've had the Smart Battery Case on my XS Max since the day it was released (and I've had my Max since launch day) and my battery health has not dropped one bit. It's still at 100% capacity.

Reactions: parker5011

Vdovin

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
I just wanted to say that I've had the Smart Battery Case on my XS Max since the day it was released (and I've had my Max since launch day) and my battery health has not dropped one bit. It's still at 100% capacity.
Maybe it’s just me then. Or maybe my phone isn’t well lol