iPhone XS Max iPhone Xs Max Bluetooth problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nalbagli, Mar 28, 2019.

1. nalbagli macrumors 6502

Hi, my iPhone Xs max is showing problems with the Bluetooth connectivity as it seems to have much less range than normal. Many times products I usually have no problem with such as Bluetooth headphones or speakers won't connect automatically unless they are really close to the other device, Also sometimes if my phone is in my pocket it will disconnect from the Apple Watch, and it reconnects once I take it out; finally, whenever I am on cars playing music through Bluetooth if the top half of my phone is for example covered by my legs, the stream gets interrupted, the same happens if I put it on my pocket, so I have to leave it in the cup holder close to the dashboard.

I took it to the genius bar a month ago as I don’t live in the US, and the guy ran a diagnostic on the phone and told me everything appeared to be fine so it must be a software issue, so I had to erase all from my phone and start from 0, which for me was impossible has I have lots of information on my backup. Honestly for me it makes no sense that it is related to software given the type of problems I've been getting.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks!!

2. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Yes, I have similar issues using bluetooth in my car to make calls.

4. Wyckham macrumors regular

Yes me too... Bluetooth on my XS Max is worse than 8 Plus and my 8 Plus was worse than my 6s plus. 6s Plus had amazing BT vs these later ones.

I never sent an email to Apple before the XS Max and its horrendous bluetooth connectivity in my car. Tried 6s plus again recently and its perfect, Max sucks in the car, latest iOS too....

5. now i see it macrumors 68040

Not that I can provide any useful tips, but just for reference, I've been using an iPhone 6 Plus for the last 3 years running iOS 9.3.5 and Bluetooth connectivity has been 100% reliable and flawless. I use it everyday to control smart plugs and connect to a remote voltmeter through walls in the other room. Never a problem. It can often connect to the devices from outside the house (going through more than one wall). Range is typically at least 50 ft line of sight.

6. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

It's interesting that others have this issue. It's been so frustrating that I have even considered selling the phone and trying something else after they didn't switch the phone for me.

7. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

If you are not willing to try the suggestions by the genius bar, it will be much more difficult to troubleshoot the issue. Foe reference I have no b/t connectivity issues with my max. Connects to my car, b/t headsets, airdrop etc.

8. treimche macrumors member

I have 100% the exact same issues as you describe. This has been going on for months, and Apple is aware of the issue. I have been in contact with a senior advisor at Apple. Over a month ago, they had me install some profile on my iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch so they could record data and sort through it. This is a huge inconvenience as it messes with phone calls all the time when connected to a bluetooth speaker, and the Apple Watch is only connected to the phone if they are within about 5 ft of each other. I'm going to try to call Apple today to get an update. If they don't have anything, I'm going to just have to try and get a new iPhone, even if it means using Apple Care to do so. This is just unacceptable.

9. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone has any updates on this issue? It's driving me crazy, how bad Bluetooth is on my phone, unfortunately Apple wouldn't fix or replace my phone when I took it, and I live outside the US so I can't take it again.

Any update would be of great help.

Thanks

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It has been reported before but does not seem to effect all max users. My max works well in both SUV and with 2 different sets or head phones and EarPods

11. Aydy macrumors 6502

Aydy

12. treimche macrumors member

I responded to you in another thread, but in case you miss it, you need to make them replace your iPhone. They keep claiming its a software issue, but it isn't. After finally getting them to send me a new iPhone, Bluetooth connectivity is perfect again.