Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which color do you plan on getting?

• Gold

Votes: 90 41.5%
  • Space Gray

Votes: 77 35.5%
  • Silver

Votes: 50 23.0%

• Total voters

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Looks to me like you could easily manage with the 64. I worry about this too. Last year I went with the 64 , I have 11,000 photos, and 50gb left. Plus I felt I could always put them in the cloud or somewhere if I needed to. If I planned to keep my phone for few years maybe I would go higher, but I'm thinking 64 will be enough.

Thanks for input, still on the fence. Do you use iCloud for storage or record video a lot?

You’re using 75. I would not go 64.

True, plus there will only be ~55gb usable, but I think could manage if I needed to. I can remove old photos, iMessages, apps that I don’t use etc. I’m still on the fence about 256gb. Could go either way at this point.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
True, plus there will only be ~55gb usable, but I think could manage if I needed to. I can remove old photos, iMessages, apps that I don’t use etc. I’m still on the fence about 256gb. Could go either way at this point.
Personally, I’d go with 256. You’re already kinda bumpin’ up against the limits with what you currently have and it’s a giant pain to have to delete things when you suddenly run out of room, or not be able to shoot an important video because you have too many apps. I remember having to deal with that with my iPhone 5, if I remember right, and I hated it. I was on vacation and was scrambling to delete things so I could take more photos, trying not to miss the moment, etc. It sucked.

Reactions: Ms Jae

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I had a gray X before I went back to Android. My plan was going to try silver 64 max but the gold is slick. Do any of you feel the gold is feminine? I may want to get the gold watch too but then wonder it's a very feminine combo. :)

I have the same concerns.

I feel gold feels feminine. But at the same time Gold is worn buy the elderly, too.

So for the watch I am concerned about the gold. For the phone Gold looks fine. The champagne color at the back helps.

If I get a silver stainless steel watch this year may even consider getting silver IPhone xs max.

If want a change I may consider Gold over the grey phone.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Some how the gold watch doesn’t look that great compared to the gold iPhone

In the videos it looks more bronze than gold.

Also with gold watch the options for straps will be limited.

Curly Lu

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Bay Area
Some how the gold watch doesn’t look that great compared to the gold iPhone

In the videos it looks more bronze than gold.

Also with gold watch the options for straps will be limited.

...and with a few strokes of your keys, you've set me back on the fence between stainless steel silver and gold. :eek:

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
iPhone X’s Max Gold for sure ! Pairing it with the series 4 gold of course.
Exactly... Getting Iphone Xs Max Gold (to replace my silver X I'm giving to my husband to replace his 6). Also getting Series 4 Watch in Gold (to replace my rose gold Series 1). I have been waiting for 10 months for the larger screen X. We go to Europe twice a year & I really want the larger screen for the long plane rides!

I use the Apple leather folio case and NONE of the iPhone X color shows except a couple of inches at the bottom edge. I was bummed last year at no gold color and no plus size X. Ordering Product Red Leather Apple Folio case for the Max. I am a happy girl now. Can't wait to order!

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
I almost went with gold because I'm a fool for marketing and it looks beautiful, but I decided on the safe choice of Space Grey this time around.

mwhals

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Space gray XS Max 512 as I think the gray or silver go better with a larger selection of colors.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
My preference would be for space gray. Knowing what I know about the likelihood of scratches and flaking, I opted for the silver finish. I have a Jet Black 7 Plus right now, which remains pristine in an Apple leather case, but the Jet Black finish seems to be much more durable than the space gray. So it's silver/white this time, with a black leather case.

nealh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
I almost went with gold because I'm a fool for marketing and it looks beautiful, but I decided on the safe choice of Space Grey this time around.
Gold looks nice but unless you go naked, the color gets covered up.
I always want to go naked but too risky for getting damaged. The iPhone X is so slick it’s easy to drop

My phone is always in a case.

I am not sure gold will not look a bit too flashy for me.

I really want a true silver color but the silver has more white back.... so I went Space gray again.

Ortiz83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2018
Silver. I only choose between space gray and silver. iPhone X space gray. My new iPhone Xs Max, silver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.