iPhone XS Max iPhone XS Max charging issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyPhone99, May 26, 2019.

1. MyPhone99 macrumors newbie

Hi ,
    I am using iPhone XS Max from November and my current battery health is showing 100% .using the same standard charger to charge from day1. I haven’t faced any issue with battery drains or not charging issue any time in these 6 months but today I started seein something weird
    The phone is plugged and is showing charging but the charging % is not going up .
    Also after removing from charger and in regular use I see battery is draining faster than usual . But still battery health is 100%.
    Any one faced such issue and any fix please do let me know . Thanks in advance
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2019 ---
    FYI am on 12.3 yet to update to 12.3.1

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

When you say you are using the same standard charger --- are you talking about the included white square that Apple ships with the phone?

Give the phone a hard reset - volume up, volume down, hold power for 4+ seconds. See if that solves your issues with charging.

Also, I'd recommend getting an Anker 12+watt charger if you're interested - the increased charging rates make it a great charging tool (or an iPad charger if you're an Apple only type of person). https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge...anker+charger&qid=1558878014&s=gateway&sr=8-3 ---- I have been using this one for years and years now - along with several other Anker chargers.

3. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

To add to what @BigMcGuire said:
    - update to 12.3.1; just do it
    - have there been any changes to the phone recently? New apps, like facebook
    - looking at screen time in safari, what application or background process is causing the drain?

4. MyPhone99 thread starter macrumors newbie

The hard reset fixed the issue , nothing to do with charger or the wire . Thanks

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Sometimes just rebooting the phone will fix problems like this.

6. coldwaves macrumors regular

I sescond the suggestions of using a 12W charger. I recently started using the iPad charger to charge iPhone XS. It is so much quicker than the 5W charger. A 18W charger may be slightly faster than the 12W but it is much more expensive and you need a USB-C cable too. So a 12W seems to be a very cost effective choice.